Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something else I appreciate about this movie, it showed the dark underbelly of the rebellion.

They had assassins just like the empire, and they weren't always morally right.

This shyt ain't black and white.
:yes:
Just like in the real world. We look at our soldiers as heroes but their tactics aren't that dissimilar from the "enemy"

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
Not seeing it until the 23rd or 27th... I will be trying to avoid this thread.... I hate all of you that are seeing this on the first day and first weekend :mjcry:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
lol @ city of Jadda..

and quasi calls to prayer in the background..

And the distorted Arabic strings and drums playing while Jyn rolled though the city...I honestly expected one of the Rebels to remote detonate a roadside IED.

The young bull falling off the ledge with the dead man's switch made me really laugh in the theaters....

Was it American Sniper or Rogue One with that urban warfare....

Holy shiiiiiit I didn't even know that Peter Cushing was cgi goddamn that was good !!! The movie was good

It was unnerving to me because I knew he was dead for 23 years, BUT his swag-level was on a million in this and it made it seem like he was right there on set...

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's movements were a little unnatural, imo, and initially I felt it wrong but I guess it is like having his likeness used in Rebels and in comic books.

What we're they supposed to do? Should they have used a new character or another actor to play the same role?

CHL

Superstar
Daps
That canon? I thought they destroyed it after Order 66
I found it mentioned in a canon sourcebook on force vergences. :shaq:
The current conditions within the Jedi Temple are unknown. After the purge of the Jedi Order, the site was refashioned into the new Imperial Palace.
Probably one of if not the only Jedi Temple in the galaxy they didn't fully obliterate.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Way better than the Force Awakens.

My man Forest became a space jihadist :wow:

That last 3rd of the movie :whew:

Jyn didn't feel like a mary sue thank god :wow:

Their getting there with the cgi. Give it another 10yrs.. and I'll have to be paying very close attention.

Vader lightin up and droppin all those dudes :wow:

:wow:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
shyt... I've wanted to see this joint for a minute. Problem is, outside of The Force Awakens, which I really enjoyed, I've never seen a Star Wars movie. That movie has me wanting to get into the culture and see what it's really about. Guess I'll start this weekend with A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

I might wait a week or two before I see Rogue One. We have people down here in Houston standing outside the movie theater and shyt. I don't have the patience for that kinda shyt.
Watch the movies breh. Even the bad ones were interesting. Also if you really want to get into the culture watch the clone wars.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
d939c7c828f617b9a1c4fc0954eba19445aad954_hq.jpg

latest

Palpatine redecorated the Jedi temple and you can see it in the ROTJ: SE

He was probably like "Hey, Yoda, look at me...I'm the captain now. :umad:"