Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
Thrawn will be in Rebels, but I prefer they don't crossover originally animated characters to live action.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Some minor details of the rumored huge battlefield scene:

UPDATE: A Small Moment From Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!
by Corey

image-133.jpeg

The guys over at Jedi News have uncovered a interview with Scottish supermodel Eunice Olumide, in which she confirms that she portrays a Rebel leader in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. She also describes her scene in the film:

The model, who has worked with Vivienne Westwood and walked for Mulberry and Henry Holland, said she was very excited about her upcoming film roles.

In Star Wars Rogue One, part of a standalone series of films, Eunice plays a rebel leader.

She said: “I did a small feature in Star Wars Rogue One. That was a really awesome experience. I don’t have lines but it was an incredible experience to be part of such an iconic film.

“I was originally supposed to play a nomad, but since I’m athletic I ended up playing a rebellion leader.

“There’s a small scene where I run and there’s a tank that comes after me with 20 stormtroopers. There’s loads of explosions.

“I kept getting a fright whenever the explosions went off.”

She said: “If my scene gets cut or not cut I was entered into the George Lucas Archives. I got into a 3D scanner and they did a scan.

“They scan all the characters so they can reproduce individual toys or computer games.

“I will be a toy. It was an amazing experience.”

UPDATE: In a separate interview she confirms that she plays a nomad Rebel:
“I did not get any lines, but I got to wear this really outlandish costume and run through a bar while a tank comes after us. The about 20 stormtroopers pile out and there’s lots of explosions. I have this sort of mushroom on my head. A bit ironic, seeing as I’m a model.”

So it sounds like this could be part of that battlefield sequence we have heard about a while back. It’s cool to finally hear some Rogue One official news–here’s hoping we’ll see a trailer soon!

image-27.jpeg
@THASTUNNA

CHL

Superstar
Daps
If Vader is as prominent as it seems they will want to nail that. If they just went into post-production April would make sense.
Yeah, and in terms of promotion I expect much of it to be heavily Vader centric. As the first spinoff that will indicate how viable frequent anthology films will be going forward they have to get this right :lupe: And in the leadup they are going to have to explain to the general public (many of whom are still unaware of the films existence) through their promotion what the spinoff films are, how R1 relates to the SW universe and when R1 is set. So having a prominent Vader is crucial for this.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah, and in terms of promotion I expect much of it to be heavily Vader centric. As the first spinoff that will indicate how viable frequent anthology films will be going forward they have to get this right :lupe: And in the leadup they are going to have to explain to the general public (many of whom are still unaware of the films existence) through their promotion what the spinoff films are, how R1 relates to the SW universe and when R1 is set. So having a prominent Vader is crucial for this.
100% agree