Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
78% on RT

The main grip is that almost all the characters are flawed and unmemorable

Didn't say this would happen after the reaction Tweets?

Fanboys are freaking out :mjlol:

Don't give a shyt. From the reviews of people I respect as far their movie opinions and especially Star Wars opinions go, I'm in.

Quotes like, "In the end, this hardening of the franchise seems likely to alienate both the fans and the uninitiated." keep me from giving half these critics any credibility.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Sounds like a lot of people are also upset that we're dealing with a group of people who essentially everyone already knows aren't going to make it. I mean, we know these nikkas don't show up in Eps 4-7, so they're not gonna make it. I personally enjoy a good story about a doomed crew just trying to accomplish their mission. Its probably why I enjoyed Halo Reach's story honestly more than any of the others. We already knew Master Chief was the only Spartan left. Lets see how these muhfukkas went out. And Star Wars needs some grittiness and real stakes to it. Just a goofy fantasy universe. Would please me to see nikkas get murked.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like a lot of people are also upset that we're dealing with a group of people who essentially everyone already knows aren't going to make it. I mean, we know these nikkas don't show up in Eps 4-7, so they're not gonna make it. I personally enjoy a good story about a doomed crew just trying to accomplish their mission. Its probably why I enjoyed Halo Reach's story honestly more than any of the others. We already knew Master Chief was the only Spartan left. Lets see how these muhfukkas went out. And Star Wars needs some grittiness and real stakes to it. Just a goofy fantasy universe. Would please me to see nikkas get murked.

sounds like people that actually like Star Wars like this. Reading and watching some of the mainstream reviews from non-fans, they are surprised at it being cynical and gritty compared to TFA, which they love, not realizing a lot of fans have wanted gritty for decades and didn't like TFA. TFA was middle of the road Star Wars to me.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
sounds like people that actually like Star Wars like this. Reading and watching some of the mainstream reviews from non-fans, they are surprised at it being cynical and gritty compared to TFA, which they love, not realizing a lot of fans have wanted gritty for decades and didn't like TFA. TFA was middle of the road Star Wars to me.
I wouldn't call myself a Star Wars fan. I enjoy sci-fi, and the fantasy aspects of the franchise just feel cheap and cheesy to me at time as well as the cutesy robots and shyt. This franchise needs a shot of adrenaline and realism and real stakes. If that's what this gives us, then I'm all for it.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

:salute: We definitely need more tragic and dark films in the fantasy genre. If people can't handle it, they can re-watch Avatar and shyt like that because those 'everything works out' movies are a dime a dozen.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
critics complaining bout the grittyness of this is retarded. Its a stand alone film because every star wars fan should know these nikkas die but the mission was complete. Its star wars pearl harbor

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Some more here comes the white woman to save the day nonsense. I'll pass. They're gonna make their money regardless, but a side of me does get a very small kick out of Trump winning considering this flick was supposed to coincide with Hillary hype.
Cacs think they slick by substituting the white male savoir trope with the white women savoir trope :lolbron:. The Force Awakens had to be the worst example of that, I still remember Finn's goof ass screaming n shyt. REYYYYYYY!!! :dead:
FinnScream.png