Rocky film series appreciation thread

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Just finished 2. Wow. That was just as good as 1, just a different type of movie. He wasn't a nobody for most of it like in the first. The different stages he went through were all really well done.

Onto 3.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Legendary Eye of the Tiger intro sets up the characters in their new spaces.

Paulie being a weak jealous motherfukker.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
really really feel like watching this series right now but dont wanna spend the cash on em (lost the dvds, been wanting to go digital)

first four were epic, nearly flawless to that point. Rocky 5 is the only below average film in the series. How many movie series with 5+ movies has only one below average one? and I think they got another classic with Creed.

:salute: Rocky

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
really really feel like watching this series right now but dont wanna spend the cash on em (lost the dvds, been wanting to go digital)

first four were epic, nearly flawless to that point. Rocky 5 is the only below average film in the series. How many movie series with 5+ movies has only one below average one? and I think they got another classic with Creed.

:salute: Rocky
Netflix has the first 5. For $8 to stream you can't beat that.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Rocky's gone soft, lost that eye of the tiger. Apollo takes him to the hood gym to toughen him up.

The next scene is him yelling at Rocky on the beach "WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH U?"

:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I just watched Rocky II

Damn, that ending is much better than I remembered. It is ALMOST as good as the first ending :whew:

edit: Man, I am just reflecting on how this series would have been remembered if it ended at just the first 2 films. They are both held in high regard, but now watching the first 2 movies it almost feels as if the whole story is complete in 2 films. The rest are good movies, but clearly cash grabs.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I loved how the ending of Rocky Balboa brought the theme of his battle against his own self doubt full circle, and the symbism of him thanking everyone and leaving the ring before the decision is announced :mjcry:

Also loved this version of the theme:

BenArfa

Banned
Daps
Rocky is garbage, white america couldn't get a white champion so they had to invent one. I can't respect any black man who enjoys this whitewashed garbage.:scust:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Rewatching now. Rocky 5 is way better then I remembered as a kid. Rocky 4 outside of Apollo dying really lacked the human part of Rocky. Its the worst one to me

Last edited: