Rocky film series appreciation thread

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
fukk that racist guido cac midget and his fukking ducktales movie, got you monkeys so mesmerized yall gave him a damn statue while dr j is LITERALLY in the fukking bushes
:ehh: Dam.. Never thought about that

Statue for a fictional character, hi5 for dr. J

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clubber Lang VS Ivan Drago

Who you got?

This would have been an amazing match. Over the years, I've seen people just give this fight to Drago. What people fail to realize is that Lang is basically a much bigger, better, stronger version of Balboa. Both southpaws. Both can take punishment. If Lang would have got the 3rd fight, he would have made the proper adjustments & won. Rocky decided to duck the rematch.It comes down to what kind of shape Lang is in. If Lang is in phenomenal shape, he can pull it off. You have to make Drago the favorite though.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I can't stomach to watch Rocky 5, even by Rocky standards the acting is just terrible. Tommy is horrible. Rocky's son is horrible. Its only saving grace is the fight promoter dude is unintentionally funny as hell. "GOT DAMN!! Only in America." :russ:

The Mickey flashbacks are good too.
I still quote "You touch me and I'll sue!" randomly at my friends cause of George Washing Duke

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Love the series..so many quotables, such dope music...5 is meh at best, 4 is awesome because Rocky ended the Cold War and 1 is the film of the series but Rocky 3 is my favorite, easily. Clubber Lang is my favorite film villain. "No I don't hate Balboa, but I pity the fool." I still say "I can't be beat and I won't be beat" to people when they're trying to test me or its some competition

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Part 3 has the GOAT training montage...but part 4's flashback/No Easy Way Out is one of the best summations in a film...you pretty much get the jist of the series to that point within that 4-5 minutes :laugh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of my favorite sequences in the entire series at 6:47. Rocky and Drago throwing bombs at each other with Rocky's battered bleeding face in the background. He gets up to go back to battle and you see the American flag corner with blood everywhere. Simple but VERY effective:ohlawd:

The way that crescendo kicks in when they both stand up in their corners @ 7:05:wow:

You know whoever edited that shyt had to be staring back at the screen like
200x200px-ZC-6362ec29_Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part 3 has the GOAT training montage...but part 4's flashback/No Easy Way Out is one of the best summations in a film...you pretty much get the jist of the series to that point within that 4-5 minutes :laugh:

I don't know, breh.Part 3's training montage goes hard, but this shyt right here was against all odds

That shyt right there gave birth to my work ethic in sports:to:

Landing on foreign soil with this playing on your juke box

:obama:......that second verse:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

The way those bells kick in, that build up
dqsIrmG.gif

If they played that at my funeral, I swear I'd come back from the afterlife on some Kratos shyt

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Favorite all around movie series....could smash all 6 out in a day if I wanted to:ohlawd:

I'm doing this today. Saw 1 in the morning, went out for breakfast, watching 2 right now. Not doing shyt else all day but watching the rest.

The first Rocky movie I saw was 4, and was :ooh::krs::ohlawd: amazed. Loved it, and that's the one I've seen the most times. I saw 3 next and thought that was amazing too. 1 was next, I liked it but it was very different from the others and I was still young so it didn't resonate with me as much as 3/4. 2 was next and I didn't like it at all at that time. 5 I thought was bleh, and 6 I saw in the theaters when it came out and thought was terrific.

I haven't seen 1-3 or 5 in probably 20 years.

Thoughts from today (I'll keep adding as I watch):

1 is incredible. Someone mentioned it's a love story and that part really works. Rocky as the underdog not only in the ring, but in life, is amazing. Stallone's charisma really carries his character through the down times and I'm glad he insisted on playing him.

2 is a really good movie, it's just different from the rest. They're training right now and Apollo just knocked his sparring partner off his feet and to the ground :pachaha:. I didn't appreciate the ad pitchman and meat-packing worker parts 20 years ago but now I do. The idea of a guy quitting boxing cuz his girl said so turned me off. 2 is maybe the most mature movie of the series other than 1.

Mickey just told Rock he's training like a guy who should be pumping gas in Jersey :pachaha:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Adrian waking up out the coma, tells Rocky "win", and kicks off the training montage

:wow:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
great thread...the entire series is amazing especially 1-3. Rocky 2 is incredibly underrated to me.

Rocky 1 has maybe the best soundtrack I can think of..the rocky score is stunning.

I'm man enough to admit, the end of rocky 1 is the only movie in my entire life that makes me feel some type of way :to: every time.

That "I LOVE YOU :to: :to: :wow:" moment between him and adrian....it just felt right man :banderas:

rocky 1 is actually a very good LOVE story...rarely do you see a film with two charactors as UNSURE about themselves get together and stumble into a relationship...it felt really authentic.
I just watched Rocky earlier today...man that ending :W00W3:

I will ALWAYS get goosebumps watching it, it makes it that much stronger when you watch the entire movie without skipping everything to see how the relationship develops. It was a good 10 years that I have watched it start to finish like that and still as powerful as when I saw it as a kid. It is timeless.