Rocky film series appreciation thread

Walkman

Banned
Daps
It just doesn't get better than this. They could've ended it after the third one because everything was perfect but it is what it is. Although the fourth one is where it started to fall off a bit but it was still good nevertheless. The fifth is the only one that's not really good but Stallone came back something fierce with Rocky Balboa a few years back.

Rocky = classic
Rocky II = classic
Rocky III = classic
Rocky IV = alright
Rocky V = no good
Rocky Balboa = really good

It's still one of the best stories or series rather in all of film. The characters and the story are what make series so special, unique and original. Stallone did one hell of job with the writing and directing the ones that he did. Plus the music in the first few ones was classic.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Rocky = classic
Rocky II = classic
Rocky III = classic
Rocky IV = classic
Rocky V = no good
Rocky Balboa = really good

Fixed. breh, Gonna Fly Now is one of my alarm clock sounds on my phone :obama:

The intro to Rocky V is the shyt...showing the effects the fight wit Drago had on him. After that the movie turns to straight garbage:smh: Its the only one in the series I completely ignore.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rocky 1 is just a great film. It's a filmmaker's film that any film buff can respect.

My favorites are Rocky III and IV of course :pachaha:

Rocky III especially is my favorite out of the series.

Clubber Lang:wow:

Rocky's comeback against Clubber Lang:wow:

Mickey Dying :to:

Thunderlips:ohlawd: @Hollywood Hogan No homo but how many times can a man prove he is the GOAT?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
great thread...the entire series is amazing especially 1-3. Rocky 2 is incredibly underrated to me.

Rocky 1 has maybe the best soundtrack I can think of..the rocky score is stunning.

I'm man enough to admit, the end of rocky 1 is the only movie in my entire life that makes me feel some type of way :to: every time.

That "I LOVE YOU :to: :to: :wow:" moment between him and adrian....it just felt right man :banderas:

rocky 1 is actually a very good LOVE story...rarely do you see a film with two charactors as UNSURE about themselves get together and stumble into a relationship...it felt really authentic.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Rock said "F*ck Your Steroids" :wow:

Rock taunting Clubber Lang, "C'mon you ain't so BAD...YOU AINT NOTHIN" and slippin punches in the corner :ohhh:

Last edited:

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Rock said "F*ck Your Steroids" :wow:

One of my favorite sequences in the entire series at 6:47. Rocky and Drago throwing bombs at each other with Rocky's battered bleeding face in the background. He gets up to go back to battle and you see the American flag corner with blood everywhere. Simple but VERY effective:ohlawd:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
If I can change...., you can change ....we all cajgn chrnagefj arhhhaghjd. Arhhhjhhhhgg!

Classic series... but i did not like the last movie. Felt forced and the opponent and final fight was wack.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
If I can change...., you can change ....we all cajgn chrnagefj arhhhaghjd. Arhhhjhhhhgg!

Classic series... but i did not like the last movie. Felt forced and the opponent and final fight was wack.
rocky iv was amazingly overrated to me

Rocky - A+
Rocky II - A
Rocky III - A+
Rocky IV - B-
Rocky V - C-
Rocky balboa - B+