Rockstar should buy the YAKUZA series

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
fukk yakuza. when are we getting another sleeping dogs....
so if RDR was still owned by Capcom it would still be good :mjlit:
red dead revolver > redemption :birdman: rockstar gets away with alot of shyt in their newer games.....they knew ppl would hate the fukking shooting mechanics so they fabricated that 100hr work week bullshyt to play on the hearts of consumers

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Is that game new or newish? I got a PS4 saw it was free and couldn’t tell if it was a ps3 game or what... did like 2 missions and deleted it

i have no idea, i think its a PS3 game....

It's a remake of the PS2 game (Yakuza 1)

I haven't played the remake yet but I played the original. I don't know if they added elements of the later games. So comparing it to recent Rockstar games isn't a fair comparison.

Yakuza games always have a :ohlawd: story. They are already great the way they are.

If you like it, then play Kiwami 2 ( remake of Yakuza 2 from the PS2). Then play 3, 4, 5 and 6. Throw in 0 anywhere in between since it's a prequel to 1.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
You must not have played many non superhero open world video games...

Only thing SD did exceptional gameplay wise was the hand to hand combat and the use of the environment...

Driving in that game was straight ass, worst vehicle controls for an open world game to date...

And the shooting mechanics were basically poor mans MP3...
Negged.

WEI SHEN MOTHERfukkER

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
Naw. You sound like a herb upset because you can't assault random NPC's in the game. You never even got to the open world part of the game. The story itself is just a small part of Yakuza. The side stories and mini games make up the majority of the experience.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
fukk yakuza. when are we getting another sleeping dogs....
red dead revolver > redemption :birdman: rockstar gets away with alot of shyt in their newer games.....they knew ppl would hate the fukking shooting mechanics so they fabricated that 100hr work week bullshyt to play on the hearts of consumers

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I loved revolver and couldn't find any enjoyment in redemption.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
You must not have played many non superhero open world video games...

Only thing SD did exceptional gameplay wise was the hand to hand combat and the use of the environment...

Driving in that game was straight ass, worst vehicle controls for an open world game to date...

And the shooting mechanics were basically poor mans MP3...

The driving in Sleeping Dogs was like an arcade racer...which was good. What was bad about the driving controls? Jumping from one car to the next was like staring in our own Hong Kong action flick :banderas:

The shooting also worked too, just because it bit Max Payne doesn't mean they didn't pull it off right.

Sleeping Dogs is a gem. One of the funnest games to complete 100% without feeling like a chore. The only bad thing about it is its name. They should have left it as Black Lotus.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The driving in Sleeping Dogs was like an arcade racer...which was good. What was bad about the driving controls? Jumping from one car to the next was like staring in our own Hong Kong action flick :banderas:

The shooting also worked too, just because it bit Max Payne doesn't mean they didn't pull it off right.

Sleeping Dogs is a gem. One of the funnest games to complete 100% without feeling like a chore. The only bad thing about it is its name. They should have left it as Black Lotus.
What does jumping from car to car have to do with shyt vehicle handling, physics and controls?

Driving on that game was universally shyt on and for good reason...Vehicles are unresponsive and handle like boats...Best game to compare it to is Watch_Dogs and that is not a game you want your vehicle handling and physics to be compared to...

As for shooting, I didn't say it was bad, I didn't say they didn't pull it off...I said it was a poor mans MP which is EXACTLY what it is and we are in a thread where R* is the subject...On this forum Asian games get a lot of slack, especially when it comes to ripping off ideas from other games...If R* ripped off SD hand to hand combat (which borrows alot from the Rocksteady Arkham games) like SD did MPs shooting mechanics we wouldn't hear the end of it from the resident Japanophiles on this forum...

Overall the game was good, i enjoyed it and made several positive posts about it in the game thread...All I'm saying is it was not perfect, not even close and calling it the best non super hero open world game is absurd...

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yakuza 0 is a PS3 game.

Rockstar would ruin Yakuza, make the combat worse, make the story shyt, make it open world for no reason, add bullshyt survival mechanics and take ten years to release each game.

Imo, Yakuza is essentially open world already. They just pack everything they can into a relatively small area in Kamurocho, rather than put long ass driving/horse riding sections between everything you want to do.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
What does jumping from car to car have to do with shyt vehicle handling, physics and controls?

Driving on that game was universally shyt on and for good reason...Vehicles are unresponsive and handle like boats...Best game to compare it to is Watch_Dogs and that is not a game you want your vehicle handling and physics to be compared to...

As for shooting, I didn't say it was bad, I didn't say they didn't pull it off...I said it was a poor mans MP which is EXACTLY what it is and we are in a thread where R* is the subject...On this forum Asian games get a lot of slack, especially when it comes to ripping off ideas from other games...If R* ripped off SD hand to hand combat (which borrows alot from the Rocksteady Arkham games) like SD did MPs shooting mechanics we wouldn't hear the end of it from the resident Japanophiles on this forum...

Overall the game was good, i enjoyed it and made several positive posts about it in the game thread...All I'm saying is it was not perfect, not even close and calling it the best non super hero open world game is absurd...

I asked you a question then made a comment about the game. Jumping from cars has nothing to do with the driving controls it has everything to do with feeling like an action flick.

I said the driving controls were like an arcade racer, which is EXACTLY what it controls like. If you really hate the driving controls then you probably just don't like arcadey style driving, that doesn't mean the controls are shyt. Some of us prefer it that way. Could you imagine if the driving was like GTA 4?:scust:

I don't think it's the greatest non superhero open world game either but your other post made it sound like Sleeping Dogs is trash outside of the combat.