Robin Thicke and Paula Patton Separate

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Exactly breh! That's exactly my damn point. In your opinion, we are all obviously not the same kind of black, so why do you think your standards of "blackness" and what black people should do should even apply to her?

WE ARE NOT THE SAME KIND OF BLACK IN YOUR OPINION. If we were, any "black" person would be good for the cover. Stop trying to take your benefits and leave your detriments when you say stuff like this.

If she's not your kind of ideal black, stop holding her to your ideal black standards and acting like lighter skinned people should give a fukk.

You type all this shyt, but if lighter skinned and mixed black people decided today that didn't wanna be associated with darker skinned blacks, or want their image associated with darker skinned blacks, you'd have a damn bytch fit.

SN: I honestly don't give no fukk about a darkskinned woman's self esteem just cause she dark skinned. My mama dark skinned and she damn sure ain't lookin' at no magazine cover to feel better about herself. Just cause bytches are stupid don't mean we have to adjust rationality to help them cope. FOH.

I do consider lightskinned people black. But I wouldn't put lighter women on the cover because they're over-represented in the media as is. Lightskinned women are idolized and worshiped as is. Lightskinned women have replaced Darkskinned women in television shows and movies as is. So yea....I would put darker females on the cover of a "Black Love" magazine because I would want to put a different image out there, and not add to the problem. You jumping from me saying "Lightskinned women shouldn't be idolized and worshiped" to that meaning "Lightskinned people aren't black". Its not the same thing. You can be black. But we don't have to kiss your azz.

Last edited:

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does a supposed inferiority complex have to do w/interracial dating? how can you be a "proud black man" and decide to marry the problem. miss me with that "you can't help who you love" nonsense, because you most certainly can.

you're white, so you know how crazy white boys get when an attractive white woman is w/a black man. tell me if a cac can be a proud white man, and marry a black chick?

Wrong.

It's about you and your silly hang-ups about interracial dating. Apparently, a biracial woman (the ex-wife in this thread) is really black and can in no way marry a non-black man, regardless of her own fukking experience as a biracial woman. All of that because of insecure little black men behind the keyboards who apply the one-drop rule stricter than the Ku Klux Klan after the Civil War.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does a supposed inferiority complex have to do w/interracial dating? how can you be a "proud black man" and decide to marry the problem. miss me with that "you can't help who you love" nonsense, because you most certainly can.

you're white, so you know how crazy white boys get when an attractive white woman is w/a black man. tell me if a cac can be a proud white man, and marry a black chick?
Not the same thing, 'white' identity is rooted in white supremacy. You can be a proud irish/italian insert cac ethnicity and marry a black person though yes...James Brown said Im black and im proud then married a white woman...You calling the godfather of soul a liar? :usure:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wrong.

It's about you and your silly hang-ups about interracial dating. Apparently, a biracial woman (the ex-wife in this thread) is really black and can in no way marry a non-black man, regardless of her own fukking experience as a biracial woman. All of that because of insecure little black men behind the keyboards who apply the one-drop rule stricter than the Ku Klux Klan after the Civil War.

have you read my post? i've never believed half breeds are obligated to date black men.

and when it comes to insecurity, no other group is more insecure about their women dating outside their race than white men -- BY FAR.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I do consider lightskinned people black.
But you don't consider us as black or black enough for your ideal image of blackness :lupe: So... again,

FOH. :camby:

nikka said "No you aren't black enough at being black to be on my magazine cover, but you still have to abide 100% to my standards of blackness" :mjlol: Foolish.

If were all the same, it wouldn't matter who was on what cover. I think you just have a serious complex with YOUR dark skin breh. If I can't represent you in the same blackness, then don't try to say I have to follow your standards.

nikka said light skinned women make dark skinned women feel bad about themselves and their beauty/attractive worth, but then is arguing hand and foot, mad, to make sure this light bright ass bytch takes a black man from a dark skinned woman. :laff:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
But you don't consider us as black or black enough for your ideal image of blackness :lupe: So... again,

FOH. :camby:

nikka said "No you aren't black enough at being black to be on my magazine cover, but you still have to abide 100% to my standards of blackness" :mjlol: Foolish.

If were all the same, it wouldn't matter who was on what cover. I think you just have a serious complex with YOUR dark skin breh. If I can't represent you in the same blackness, then don't try to say I have to follow your standards.

nikka said light skinned women make dark skinned women feel bad about themselves and their beauty/attractive worth, but then is arguing hand and foot, mad, to make sure this light bright ass bytch takes a black man from a dark skinned woman. :laff:

Aight, bruh.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You may believe that, but I'm not the one preaching racial purity in this thread.
because you're on a predominately black forum, how about you go to /pol/ or back to opa-ages and see how they feel about IR relationships between black men and white women

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the unintended comedy in threads like this one.

Don't like it? Make your forum private and purge it of all indesirables. Your own pure little ghetto

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the unintended comedy in threads like this one.

Don't like it? Make your forum private and purge it of all indesirables. Your own pure little ghetto

this is our own little ghetto, and it seems like you cacs are still trynna come through and gentrify it.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't know she was black or bi-racial? Are you insinuating they thought she was white like him? I highly doubt that, miss. Anyone who takes a look at her can easily tell she's at least mixed. Not to mention, they did a commercial together and a music video together. Both of which its easy to see that she is non-white. Plus, the fact that anytime he's doing an interview his wife, Paula Patton, always seems to be brought up. So, I'm pretty sure most people who knew of Robin Thicke knew he had a non-white wife.

His lifestyle was off putting? The same lifestyle that she seemingly participated? Supposedly, they were swingers and engaged in some "out there" behavior as a couple. I doubt that seeing him take some suggestive pictures caused the end of their marriage by itself. You can't be ok with your spouse smashing other women and then get mad at seeing him flirting with other women in pictures. That doesn't even make logical sense.

Honestly, I'm not concerned why their marriage failed. I'm just not surprised that it did. Either way, I feel that Robin will at least attempt to reach a more mainstream audience with a new single, white male image....at least I know that's what music execs and A&R is hoping he will do.

Peace

I meant they were probably unaware of the ethnicity of his wife because Patton is not that famous, not that she doesn't look mixed.

If that's what his music execs are hoping for, they're misguided.

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently not enough to your liking if you complain about the lack of blackness from your neighbors. Sorry man but registration was free and relatively without any hassles. Don't blame us, blame whoever made it this easy, as if they wanted new members regardless of their background.

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
I meant they were probably unaware of the ethnicity of his wife because Patton is not that famous, not that she doesn't look mixed.

If that's what his music execs are hoping for, they're misguided.

paula looks pretty white, i think she could pass