Road Dogg Is Feeling Himself Now That He Has A Job, Goes Right Back To Crapping On AEW

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During a recent interview with Josh Martinez for Superstar Crossover, WWE Hall of Famer Brian “Road Dogg” James critiqued AEW, how their TV product lacks connection and fluidity between its segments. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Road Dogg on a recent WWE show having a great talent in every match: “We just booked a mixed card where both brands are on like a super card. Every match had a great talent. I thought ‘Man, what a freaking show.'”

Road Dogg on AEW’s show not connecting: “It really is all of our top talent. On top of that stack is The Bloodline and Sami Zayn, Sami and Roman in some of those backstages were priceless. And I mean award-winning nominations. I just think there’s some magic there. And it’s commonplace for me to say ‘Well this company’s the best and the other company’s not’ but their television show is not fluid. Things don’t connect. And when I watch now I will admit three hours on Raw used to be a challenge. But for the last three months it’s been a joy to watch and a breeze to get through.”

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
daniel-bryan-fickle.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
During a recent interview with Josh Martinez for Superstar Crossover, WWE Hall of Famer Brian “Road Dogg” James critiqued AEW, how their TV product lacks connection and fluidity between its segments. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Road Dogg on a recent WWE show having a great talent in every match: “We just booked a mixed card where both brands are on like a super card. Every match had a great talent. I thought ‘Man, what a freaking show.'”

Road Dogg on AEW’s show not connecting: “It really is all of our top talent. On top of that stack is The Bloodline and Sami Zayn, Sami and Roman in some of those backstages were priceless. And I mean award-winning nominations. I just think there’s some magic there. And it’s commonplace for me to say ‘Well this company’s the best and the other company’s not’ but their television show is not fluid. Things don’t connect. And when I watch now I will admit three hours on Raw used to be a challenge. But for the last three months it’s been a joy to watch and a breeze to get through.”
Award-winning nominations? These the ones they pay ESPN to give them or what?

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Triple H needs to tell Road Dogg to shut the fukk up now, he is Senior VP of Live Events. Focus on WWE's product.
Agreed. It's unbecoming to be talking about another companies product, same goes for Tony Khan.

It's like negative recruiting in college athletics. If you have to talk negatively about another program's product to prop up your own product, what's that say about your own product? Work on improving your own product and you won't even have to talk about anyone else.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Agreed. It's unbecoming to be talking about another companies product, same goes for Tony Khan.

It's like negative recruiting in college athletics. If you have to talk negatively about another program's product to prop up your own product, what's that say about your own product? Work on improving your own product and you won't even have to talk about anyone else.

Well not just that, but like, Triple H doesn't care about AEW. He cares about making WWE a brand. Why is Road Dogg watching what AEW is doing, their fanbase is towards Wrestling. Road Dogg needs to make sure he does his part to make WWE's shows great as Trips is bring in his pieces in.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Well not just that, but like, Triple H doesn't care about AEW. He cares about making WWE a brand. Why is Road Dogg watching what AEW is doing, their fanbase is towards Wrestling. Road Dogg needs to make sure he does his part to make WWE's shows great as Trips is bring in his pieces in.
While AEW isn't as good as it used to be, they still do some stuff well and it's always good to watch competitors and study what they do well.