Road Dogg Is Feeling Himself Now That He Has A Job, Goes Right Back To Crapping On AEW

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
He didn’t shyt on AEW lol

At all.. he told the truth. Wasn’t even that harsh. I’m someone that preferred AEW’s product for at least a year and some change and I’m telling you right now, that shyt is not grabbing me at all currently

I feel like I can’t miss RAW or Smackdown these days, or I’ll miss out on something must-see. I don’t get that feeling from AEW currently at all. I feel like I can punt a week, hop back in next week and will have missed absolutely nothing

OP is a Bobby Fish mark so he's embellishing a little.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I couldn’t disagree more.

At one point I viewed pro wrestling similar to you, but I guess my taste changed as I got older. It’s like cinema, It takes more than incredibly choreographed action scenes to keep me invested. While some of it may wow me, you still have to bring more to the table than that to hold my attention. If the surrounding story is weak, my interest skydives.

And it’s the same with pro wrestling for me, which is storytelling at the end of the day. A one off like Jericho and Bandido does nothing for me. It good.. great even, but the low stakes and no payoff doesn’t give me interest to return the next week because ultimately it amounts to nothing. It’s not furthering anything, it’s just there.. Hard to invest in a product littered with that, despite how competitive the in ring product may be. That seems to be the crux of what Road Dogg was saying.. Dynamite isn’t fluid currently. There’s just things happening for 2 hours with pretty good matches in between..

But that’s me. Like you said, everyone has tastes and priorities.
Just kinda comes down to what you love, I love a good ass wrestling match. Give me a good ass wrestling match and I'll watch it for nothing else but that.

You give me a good wrestling story with a shyt ending (the match) then it's like WTF? If I wanted to watch a wrestling version of Game of Thrones then I would have just watched Game of Thrones.

With that being said, good story and good wrestling is preferred, but that's not particularly common. But at least the quality of the in-ring product is a lot more reliable and predictable than the stories are. Like you see someone like Will Ospreay, Gunther, FTR, etc. in a match, you know chances are pretty high you are going to be getting a good match.