Road Dogg Is Feeling Himself Now That He Has A Job, Goes Right Back To Crapping On AEW

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
He didn’t shyt on AEW lol

At all.. he told the truth. Wasn’t even that harsh. I’m someone that preferred AEW’s product for at least a year and some change and I’m telling you right now, that shyt is not grabbing me at all currently

I feel like I can’t miss RAW or Smackdown these days, or I’ll miss out on something must-see. I don’t get that feeling from AEW currently at all. I feel like I can punt a week, hop back in next week and will have missed absolutely nothing

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Agreed. It's unbecoming to be talking about another companies product, same goes for Tony Khan.

It's like negative recruiting in college athletics. If you have to talk negatively about another program's product to prop up your own product, what's that say about your own product? Work on improving your own product and you won't even have to talk about anyone else.

Urban Meyer was the most ruthless negative recruiter in the game, he did just fine

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
He didn’t shyt on AEW lol

At all.. he told the truth. Wasn’t even that harsh. I’m someone that preferred AEW’s product for at least a year and some change and I’m telling you right now, that shyt is not grabbing me at all currently

I feel like I can’t miss RAW or Smackdown these days, or I’ll miss out on something must-see. I don’t get that feeling from AEW currently at all. I feel like I can punt a week, hop back in next week and will have missed absolutely nothing
Conversely, you can miss WWE weekly and know just about everything you need to know by watching a video package at the PPV.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Conversely, you can miss WWE weekly and know just about everything you need to know by watching a video package at the PPV.
This is true, because WWE is great at keeping its audience up to date with current storylines

But the point is, I feel the need to watch live or I get the feeling of missing out. That doesn't exist right now with AEW. It has in the past, but not right now. There’s c level angles like Dom punking his pops or the brutes and Imperium being ON-SIGHT that have me more invested than AEW’s main storyline

The in-ring product is still good. That’s never gonna change.. for me personally tho, it takes a lot more than some good matches to keep me invested. That’s bare minimum to me.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This is true, because WWE is great at keeping its audience up to date with current storylines

But the point is, I feel the need to watch live or I get the feeling of missing out. That doesn't exist right now with AEW. It has in the past, but not right now. There’s c level angles like Dom punking his pops or the brutes and Imperium being ON-SIGHT that have me more invested than AEW’s main storyline

The in-ring product is still good. That’s never gonna change.. for me personally tho, it takes a lot more than some good matches to keep me invested. That’s bare minimum to me.
And for me I always place the in-ring product as more important than anything else. If the in-ring product isn't good then the rest of the product is pointless to me. Hence why I barely if ever watched WWE in the last decade or so of Vince's tenure but definitely make an effort to at least watch the PLEs. I'll watch Raw or Smackdown off the DVR if there is a good match (like the most recent Sheamus vs, Gunther match for the IC title, for example).

Even the best wrestling stories ever are worse than what I can pull up on one of the myriad of streaming apps. So the stories are just complimentary for me. Do I like some good stories? Of course! But they aren't going to be the difference in me watching or not.

Hence why I'll gladly watch an NJPW, Stardom, Impact, some random indie show, etc. if I hear good things about the in-ring product. One of my favorite matches of the year was a Will Ospreay vs. Michael Oku match at a RevPro show. I don't remember shyt about the story behind it or if there even was one. COuld have been one of them matches that was just booked to have a match on the card. Also, Oku is black and one hell of a wrestler. You all should check him out.

But that's fine. Everyone has different tastes and priorities.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
And for me I always place the in-ring product as more important than anything else. If the in-ring product isn't good then the rest of the product is pointless to me. Hence why I barely if ever watched WWE in the last decade or so of Vince's tenure but definitely make an effort to at least watch the PLEs. I'll watch Raw or Smackdown off the DVR if there is a good match (like the most recent Sheamus vs, Gunther match for the IC title, for example).

Even the best wrestling stories ever are worse than what I can pull up on one of the myriad of streaming apps. So the stories are just complimentary for me. Do I like some good stories? Of course! But they aren't going to be the difference in me watching or not.

Hence why I'll gladly watch an NJPW, Stardom, Impact, some random indie show, etc. if I hear good things about the in-ring product. One of my favorite matches of the year was a Will Ospreay vs. Michael Oku match at a RevPro show. I don't remember shyt about the story behind it or if there even was one. COuld have been one of them matches that was just booked to have a match on the card. Also, Oku is black and one hell of a wrestler. You all should check him out.

But that's fine. Everyone has different tastes and priorities.

I couldn’t disagree more.

At one point I viewed pro wrestling similar to you, but I guess my taste changed as I got older. It’s like cinema, It takes more than incredibly choreographed action scenes to keep me invested. While some of it may wow me, you still have to bring more to the table than that to hold my attention. If the surrounding story is weak, my interest skydives.

And it’s the same with pro wrestling for me, which is storytelling at the end of the day. A one off like Jericho and Bandido does nothing for me. It good.. great even, but the low stakes and no payoff doesn’t give me interest to return the next week because ultimately it amounts to nothing. It’s not furthering anything, it’s just there.. Hard to invest in a product littered with that, despite how competitive the in ring product may be. That seems to be the crux of what Road Dogg was saying.. Dynamite isn’t fluid currently. There’s just things happening for 2 hours with pretty good matches in between..

But that’s me. Like you said, everyone has tastes and priorities.

Last edited: