River City Girls (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Bruh, do you how cost intensive 2D animation is? They could literally save money doing 3d animation with planar maps for each character.

This artstyle is just the celshading of the 2010s. It’s played out.
Not an expert but u telling me this 2d 8bit style is more expensive to make than 3d would be :usure:

How would this 3d look?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Not an expert but u telling me this 2d 8bit style is more expensive to make than 3d would be :usure:

How would this 3d look?

Ex 3D animator here breh. The benefit of 3D is you are able to reuse and repurpose asset without increasing costs considerably. Like I said you can do a general purpose model and planar map to reduce ram usage of all that 2D intensive stuff.

There’s a reason you don’t see 2D fighters anymore.

This is turning into a 2D vs 3d war and I don’t feel like debating each ones merits. I’m just saying I’m sick of this pixelated indie style.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ex 3D animator here breh. The benefit of 3D is you are able to reuse and repurpose asset without increasing costs considerably. Like I said you can do a general purpose model and planar map to reduce ram usage of all that 2D intensive stuff.

There’s a reason you don’t see 2D fighters anymore.

This is turning into a 2D vs 3d war and I don’t feel like debating each ones merits. I’m just saying I’m sick of this pixelated indie style.

You would have the valid point if the 2d graphics were brought up to today's graphic standards, it will be a lot more expensive, and look ten times better
than 3d

however, a game with retro graphics isn't expensive at all to make lmao,

lmao and also you do see 2d fighters, what are you talking about, you mean you don't see hand drawn characters in 2d fighters

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You would have the valid point if the 2d graphics were brought up to today's graphic standards, it will be a lot more expensive, and look ten times better
than 3d

however, a game with retro graphics isn't expensive at all to make lmao,

lmao and also you do see 2d fighters, what are you talking about, you mean you don't see hand drawn characters in 2d fighters

:beli: Ok lemme know when you’ve done 3d animation, game design, or modeling to discuss this in depth, besides you reading shyt articles on kotaku.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: Ok lemme know when you’ve done 3d animation, game design, or modeling to discuss this in depth, besides you reading shyt articles on kotaku.

You said there aren't any more 2d fighters which is false, street fighter v is 2d game thats the character models rendered in 3d, its still a 2d game and the game play is in 2 dimesions, what is so hard for you to understand

everybody knows hand drawn animation is expensive

capcom had been financial hardships that's why they started making fighters that way instead of the traditional way

SNK went out of business, KOFXIII had beautiful hand drawn animation, KOFXIIII looks like shyt in the 3d lmao, the pants on Kim look better than anything in that game

3d animation will never be better than anything hand drawn.

but a fukking 16 bit is not going to cost more than 3d game you don't know what you are talking about