Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: Arekkz said it's boring, buggy and looks like shyt. A lot of the assets look straight out of Wo Long, too. Team Ninja really needs to upgrade their engine and give us Nioh 3.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I understand that guy is known for Nioh/Souls games but the other previews are far more positive and its not like those journalist/CC’s don’t also play these type of games, so its a wait and see for me.

The team Ninja loot system is the biggest turn off for me right now.

I think it’ll be an ok game for what it is but after watching previews the vibe is get is jack of all trades but master of none in a dated looking package.

Did you see the horse riding animations? The fact that this is a ps5 exclusive pulling that shyt should almost make you do the Arthur fist :picard:

I hope it turns out ok cuz I was forreal hype for this but that’s simmered down a bit after these preview. Another ARPG regular in Arekkz saying the same thing has me spooked not gonna lie.

EDIT: these previewers can’t even show their own gameplay, and THAT was the best footage provided. fukk :huhldup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The game is ugly as hell, not eeen gon lie :mjlol:

Its a shame DD2 had to have that piss poor ass framerate on consoles cause that would make this decision less hard

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Previews I am seeing on social media are making this game not sound that good. It seems to be very mixed, but this game has always been wait for sale to me.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Nioh was trash B. Ima need y'all to except that for the good of the gaming communitiy.
I'm not accepting anything because we all have opinions and millions of copies sold between both titles says otherwise...it's a you problem breh...

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
This is exactly what I was thinking. It looks 'cheap'. Graphics and animations. Like a late PS3 title.

Hope I'm wrong, I'll wait and see.
Yall played team Ninja games before ? They don't give a fukk about graphics...their main thing is tight combat and tight controls...and of course the game being fun...

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The initial reviews posted on here were positive but from what you nikkas are saying it seems a lot of independent channels are not feeling this. Guess reviews will be the make or break, not really pressed to be honest as so many games to play already. :ehh:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Sounds like hardcore Team Ninja stans are kinda down on it, say the combat is dumbed down compared to Nioh/Wo Long. Probably to make it more accessible. They only got to play first few hours though I think.