Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yeah idk what he's talking about...if you don't like nioh (might be the only nikka I heard say that) he ain't gonna like this either..
Nioh was trash B. Ima need y'all to except that for the good of the gaming communitiy.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The game does sound good though, great story and great gameplay. I am getting excited for it now. Still loving the hell out of FF7 rebirth so if I haven’t completed it by the release date I might hold of. Although I would like to purchase this day one to support but will wait for reviews. If this game is good I don’t want it to go the way of days gone so will get it and put it aside.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Rise of the Ronin has been a blast so far. While not a graphical stunner like Ghost of Tsushima, I have been very impressed with the depth and sheer number of things to do. The story is compelling and gives you motivation to keep going to see what's next. There's plenty of gear you can acquire to make a stronger build. Characters you meet during your journey will join your crew and fight alongside you. There's a transmogrification system that lets you customize your appearance while also having the best gear possible equipped. And you can pet cats. But more importantly than all that, the core gameplay loop felt like a mix of Assassin's Creed 2's exploration and storytelling with a smidgen of Ninja Gaiden's combat, and a dash of Dark Souls's difficulty. In other words, this recipe seems to be a perfect mix of gameplay ingredients that I've been loving.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
hyped on the gameplay and setting but goddamn if those graphics aren't underwhelming as fukk. Literally looks exactly like the PS5 version of Nioh 2 but with texture pop-in :patrice:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
15.jpg

character2.PNG

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
hyped on the gameplay and setting but goddamn if those graphics aren't underwhelming as fukk. Literally looks exactly like the PS5 version of Nioh 2 but with texture pop-in :patrice:

This is exactly what I was thinking. It looks 'cheap'. Graphics and animations. Like a late PS3 title.

Hope I'm wrong, I'll wait and see.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Fightingcowboy really doesn’t like it.

This breh sounds like he loves it though

Fairly large red flag considering that he calls Nioh his favorite soulslike. I’m watching his preview now and he’s saying that for combat you’re really just pressing square and changing your “stances” which aren’t like the stances in nioh its more like a rock/paper/scissors thing with various enemy types. He says that so far the combat feels like a step backwards but will probably more accessible. Says it’s actually more comparable to Ghosts of Tshushima except that game does just about everything Ronin is trying to do but better

Kind of explains the Sony marketing behind this. If they thought this was the second coming of Elden Ring we woulda got a bigger rollout.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fairly large red flag considering that he calls Nioh his favorite soulslike. I’m watching his preview now and he’s saying that for combat you’re really just pressing square and changing your “stances” which aren’t like the stances in nioh its more like a rock/paper/scissors thing with various enemy types. He says that so far the combat feels like a step backwards but will probably more accessible. Says it’s actually more comparable to Ghosts of Tshushima except that game does just about everything Ronin is trying to do but better

Kind of explains the Sony marketing behind this. If they thought this was the second coming of Elden Ring we woulda got a bigger rollout.

I understand that guy is known for Nioh/Souls games but the other previews are far more positive and its not like those journalist/CC’s don’t also play these type of games, so its a wait and see for me.

The team Ninja loot system is the biggest turn off for me right now.