RIP to legendary Manga artist Akira Toriyama

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
His legacy is crazy. Without him you don't get Naruto. You don't get bleach. You don't get hunterxhunter You don't get iconic game character designs. You don't get one piece.

He made Shonen jump go international and inspired an entire generation of writers and animators. RIP.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
This sucks. Dragonball/Z had a huge impact on folks growing up. RIP to the manga/anime G.O.A.T.

I hope the projects he was working on are concluded the way he would’ve liked.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
80's babies (And 90's and 2000's babies) Stand up. End of an Era. "Dragon Ball "started as a 1980's property. It has that style and aesthetic from that time. Z, GT and Super were all sequels to the original DB that extended it's popularity for several Decades. There were people complaining about "Dragon Ball Daima" but I'm happy Akira got to work on it before he passed. Crazy he died on the 40th Anniversary of the original. Anyways, he's a Legend and I'd argue the GOAT for how influential Dragon Ball is (It birthed a lot of stuff after). "Super" was clearly a love letter to the fans too. Peace Akira.

220px-DB_Tank%C5%8Dbon.png

dgc625j-bbb81853-d193-4091-8fa7-a648027dbce0.jpg

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
His legacy is crazy. Without him you don't get Naruto. You don't get bleach. You don't get hunterxhunter You don't get iconic game character designs. You don't get one piece.

He made Shonen jump go international and inspired an entire generation of writers and animators. RIP.
shyt what would fighting games even look like? How would anime fights and some live action cgi even look like without dbz? Things may look at whole lot different without it

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Dawg what the fukk :mjcry: . One of the most impactful artists of alltime and personallyone of the most impactful humans on my life. I still remember the first day I saw dragon ball z. Must’ve been 5 or 6. Changed my life forever. Genuinely. RIP the GOAT:to:. Thank you for blessing us and influencing a generation. I will make sure my kids get to enjoy your creation

Facts Toriyama making dragon ball had a huge impact on my life. Been watching since the 3rd grade. Goat anime/manga.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
80's babies (And 90's and 2000's babies) Stand up. End of an Era. "Dragon Ball "started as a 1980's property. It has that style and aesthetic from that time. Z, GT and Super were all sequels to the original DB that extended it's popularity for several Decades. There were people complaining about "Dragon Ball Daima" but I'm happy Akira got to work on it before he passed. Crazy he died on the 40th Anniversary of the original. Anyways, he's a Legend and I'd argue the GOAT for how influential Dragon Ball is (It birthed a lot of stuff after). "Super" was clearly a love letter to the fans too. Peace Akira.

220px-DB_Tank%C5%8Dbon.png

dgc625j-bbb81853-d193-4091-8fa7-a648027dbce0.jpg
He's inarguably the GOAT to me. There are anime I place above his work, but they wouldn't exist without him. The tributes that finna come out from mangakas finna have me crying like a baby back bytch. :mjcry: :wow: :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like I just lost a relative after hearing this news.
Every day after school young brehs were all running home from school to see the latest episode of DBZ.
Anything epic that happened in DBZ would be the talk of the entire school.

What's even wilder is how much Dragonball changed the game on every level. Without Akira Toriyama's influence, we wouldn't have Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, Bleach, Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, My Hero Academia, you name it. The entire shonen genre would have never been the same without him.

Toriyama also did the artwork for the Dragon Quest series, which put JRPG's on the map. And that's not even going in-depth to how much his style did to elevate Chrono Trigger, which is arguably the GOAT JRPG on the GOAT game console (the SNES).

And of course, all due to respect to one of his original creations (before Dragonball, even), Dr. Slump.

This one really hurts. Rest in peace, GOAT. :rip:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Last edited: