RIP OJ Simpson

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
168 people blown away in a federal building was a massive deal. It had never been done before in modern USA at the time. Up until 2001, April 19th was commemorated on national shows like Today and GMA, but you're right about 9/11 changing everything.
It was also the 1st time mainstream white America was made familiar with right wing white terrorism.

Remember this was payback for Ruby Ridge and Waco.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I remember watching the chase and verdict in college and the Black people cheering both and white folks just looking shocked and outraged. But people like to forget the Rodney King beating and police brutality acquittals happened only a few years before. Black folks were still pissed and our attitude was like who cares if he did it, fukk the entire system. We weren’t really cheering for OJ, we were looking for something else bigger than that.
How was you in college, ain't you like 36?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
:childplease: the guy was a confirmed wife beater, which played a huge part in the perception that he did it

i don't give a fukk about nicole simpson, but this dude was not some kind of poor victim :mjlol:go read his book
What does that have to do with being charged with murder and being acquitted. What are you even talking about?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The overall vibe seems to be

OJ killed two white people and got away with it. And this is a thing to celebrate.

In general, a person who would do that is not worthy of praise.

What I will say is: rich white people been getting away with killing people forever. Even lower class white people especially cops have often gotten away with murdering Black people

SOHH for OJ to use a high powered lawyer to beat a murder case wasn't especially unusual - as far a rich person abusing the system - but the fact that a niqqa killed white people turned it into a huge outrage.

It exposes racism in its way. I mean, Ted Kennedy is thought to have murdered a woman but that got buried fast. But it also rips the lid off the system that would allow money to supercede justice.
glove didnt fit :camby:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that always made sense to me

i don't think he did it, because they would have stone cold proved it. but that bronco chase was not the act of a man who wasn't involved :dead:
He was involved in the sense that his son was the killer and he knew. The low speed chase was a setup to shine the light on OJ. By OJ himself! Again he was literally trying to take the charge and go to prison for his son.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
168 people blown away in a federal building was a massive deal. It had never been done before in modern USA at the time. Up until 2001, April 19th was commemorated on national shows like Today and GMA, but you're right about 9/11 changing everything.
I mean a cultural impact in everyday American lives. People wasn't talking about it in daily life on the regular like the OJ shyt.