RIP Norm MacDonald. Dead after a decade long, private battle with cancer.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is just me or is it the older he got, the funnier he became. Because he sounded like an old man who gets lost in his thoughts even when he was young, but when he was old, you really thought he was out of it when setting up the joke, then he would hit you you with a killer punchline.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Is just me or is it the older he got, the funnier he became. Because he sounded like an old man who gets lost in his thoughts even when he was young, but when he was old, you really thought he was out of it when setting up the joke, then he would hit you you with a killer punchline.
Yea. The old man thing worked for him.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
when Sirius came out, i used to listen to comedy all day.....howard stern, the rawdog channel where sonny fox would interview comedians...colin quinn had a show out of dc...i was working 50-60 hours a week at boeing, and that sh1t kept me going.....i just liked any kind of fluid conversation.....

but during covid, with all this free time, i haven't listened once....this should be Primetime for comedy...this should be the golden age...mothafukers don't even have good Covid jokes......comics used to be streetsmart & think ahead of everyone....now they're slow on the uptake & not so sharp.......

I think they're too afraid to be culture canceled.

Norm gave no fukks.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I think they're too afraid to be culture canceled.

Norm gave no fukks.

The man burned down his SNL career, his movie career, and his sitcom career in the name of being funny on his own terms, and he still ended up a legend.

yo, the compilations of pigeon on YouTube are laugh out loud funny. Norm killed that role.

That's actually how I originally found out about the show.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
i remember dude was on who wants to be a millionaire and i know the celeb versions were usually less hard questions cause it was for charity. but norm wouldve gotten the million without even using one life line but regis talked him into using all 3 and then talked him out of going for the million dollar question even though the answer he said he was going with ended up being right. so he only got the 500k but i remember thinking damn dude is low key also kind of smart?
He was definitely smart, but part of his character/comedy was playing a dumb guy. Letterman and Conan do the same thing because presenting yourself as a know it all isn't really funny. That's why Norm would always take jabs at Bill Maher, smug guy who's whole shtick is being smarter than everyone.