RIP MF DOOM

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Anyone got any more info on Dr.York/The Ansaru Allah Communities influence on Doom as well as NY hiphop at the time

There was even a Doom and Jay Elect track that leaked which had a Dr. York sample. I know York was a cult leader pedophile but I'm just curious on the history and what it was like at the time.

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
DOOM style was too consistent for anyone to be ghost writing ror him..

"told the hoe, I don't so well,
My belly,
drove me down Melrose, dropped her at the Dehli," *

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
MF DOOM - MM..FOOD (Promo/Advance/Bootleg) [2 Versions]

FTD
JUST
2 versions of the advance/bootleg exist. im not too sure the differences but deep fried frenz's "go wild like a white bytch" on the "just" version is censored differently than the released version & is completely uncensored on the "ftd" version named "cheese".
I think the track names may be unofficial on the "ftd" version, original nfo has them all as untitled.

ill probably comb through each track and A/B them to find the differences and edit them into the post, but not rn.

if theres any other alternate versions of DOOM albums lmk and ill get them and upload them.

MF DOOM - Born Like This (Bandcamp Version)

idk if anyone ever made this copy widely available so this might be a normal leak idk

DOOM doesn't rap on supervillainz/better than beer/in ya dreams on this version of the album.

Differences:
  • SUPERVILLAIN is supervillain intro but different samples & shorter.
  • YESSIR! has the "VILLAIN" sample plays over a different Raekwon vocal take where he says "cooling with the players of the team" or maybe "cooling with the player, serpentine"(? idk its hard to hear over the sample) instead of "cooling with the supervillain team" at ~1:13. also has less background talking from Raekwon.
  • BATTY BOYZ is the intro to batty boyz but its extended with more samples.
  • COSTUME FOOLERY is batty boyz with different vocal samples between "head of my..." and "...BIC", and at the end.
  • BETTER THAN BEER is the only kurious' part of supervillainz, but has a different intro & different beat sampling.
  • IN YA DREAMS is only mobonix's part of supervillainz, same/similar differences in beat sampling.
  • THANK YA is an extended version of thank yah.

Madvillain - Madvillainy (Promo/Advance/Bootleg/Retarded Hard Copy) [2 Versions]

Retarded Hard Copy (Promo version with robot voice watermark)
Leaked copy stolen from Madlib while on tour
Leaked version has 2 tracks that aren't meant to really meant to be on the album (track 14 is a "mistake id" & break of dawn is madlib - infinity), they were just on the stolen CD at the time so that's what leaked.
The retarded hard copy is what was sent to places for reviews and has a watermark that happens a few times per song & is referenced in rhinestone cowboy.

Madvillain - FYI (feat. M.E.D.) [prod. Madlib]

from a 2014/9/11 madlib benji b mix. found the original 192kbps scene rip of the mix to get a better cut of it. not a huge improvement but the spec looks more filled out, so unless someone has the track, or has a better copy of the mix, this is the best version probably.

the mix also previewed black star - so be it, but it was probably just yasiin's white drapes madlib version at that point cause it cuts before talib's part.

cut the same as whats on youtube and online:

the whole thing uncut/no fades:

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Saw yesterday that my 14 year old daughter had Rap Snitches on one of her playlists :russ: :ehh:

:pachaha:

8W1e6MQ.jpg

She's a very grounded young lady, she knows how to separate the art from reality lol :whoa: