RIP MF DOOM

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
One of my ABCs put me on to Doom in 2004 when I was still in undergrad. Was going through a bit of depression then. I used to just go on long walks through Philly trying to make sense of life. Doom is one of the many artists I started listening to around that time and that shyt just spoke to me. He was different but felt familiar. And being in Philly away from NYC, homesick, just listening to that made me miss home a little less.

You know what's fukked up? That same friend who put me on to Doom? I got him an MF DOOM mask for Christmas this year. I couldn't figure out what to get him and when I saw it I was like holy shyt he's gonna love this.

I know my man is hurting right now because that was legit his favorite MC...can't even go over and blaze one and drink some Jack right now because of this Rona shyt

fukk man...this dude was so much better than a lot of the people nikkas consider "nice" in this hip hop shyt

My man Doom died on Halloween...the one day it's cool to wear a mask...in 2020, the year we all had no choice but to wear a mask for our own safety

*sigh* fukk man....