RIP Kevin "The Taskmaster" Sullivan

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I recall viewing a shoot interview featuring Kevin Nash, where he engaged in a word association game with wrestler names. Upon hearing Kevin Sullivan's name, Nash simply stated "Genius," which, in my opinion, encapsulates Sullivan perfectly. Although I missed his 1980s portrayal of a satanic cult leader, platforms like the WWE Network and YouTube allowed me to experience part of his tenure. Sullivan had a knack for unsettling the audience. Regrettably, his character was reduced to a Saturday morning cartoon villain during the 90s in WCW, coinciding with Hoegan's arrival, which is when I started watching. The matches he had with C**** B***** were brutal to watch, and I felt like there was a lot more behind those punches and kicks even as a kid, only to later learn that the animosity was real, adding a layer of authenticity to their feud. :rip:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
He has some,of the greatest punches in wrestling history. Look at the punches in the corner here about 2 min in

Rip

We don't talk about how good Arn Anderson's & Kevin Sullivan's matches were. They always looked like real fights, and those guys always looked like they wanted to kill each other. In fact, one of my famous Arn Anderson promos followed a match between him & Kevin Sullivan. Arn told his fellow Horseman Brian Pillman (or maybe Chris Benoit?) that he took an ass whuppin for him because he Pillman kept crossing Kevin Sullivan.

Even when Kevin Sullivan was given silly stuff like the Dungeon Of Doom, he still looked like a legitimately unhinged, psychotic, demonic cult leader. We could argue that Kevin Sullivan blazed the trail for guys like Raven & Bray Wyatt (R.I.P.)

The world of pro wrestling storytelling was better with Kevin Sullivan in it. He is easily one of the most entertaining heels villains ever.
May he rest in peace.

Onigumo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Kevin played a major role in why I was a wcw fan as a kid. Rest in peace, he had a great wrestling mind.

Dipsey Doo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's really a shame that Kevin Sullivan will be best remembered for the Dungeon of Doom and Chris Benoit stealing Nancy from him

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Now that’s a blast from the past. Steiner, Spivey and Rotunda still alive I think.

RIP to KS. I remember legit thinking dude was a devil worshipper. My aunt used to forbid me from watching him on TV when I first moved to S. Georgia and he bouncing between NWA and Florida
I actually watched Crockett a few years ago the varsity club it self was a good concept I don't think he fit well with them though but you can see how they were a archetype for the some of the shooter factions for the last 20-years.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
One aspect of the Benoit-Sullivan feud that left me perplexed was the ambiguity surrounding who was truly the face and who was the heel. On paper, Chris Benoit should have been the hero, while Kevin Sullivan played the villain. However, the dynamics were almost reversed: Benoit had stolen Sullivan's girlfriend/wife and was making promos about taking Woman all over the world on romantic escapades, insinuating that they were making love constantly—behavior more befitting a heel. Meanwhile, Sullivan was left fuming, taking his frustrations out on other opponents and even members of the Horsemen. This behavior blurred the lines, making Sullivan appear as both a face and a heel. By 1997, however, the roles became clearer, with Benoit firmly established as the face and Sullivan as the heel.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Isn’t this the guy that has that crazy rumor that he’s behind Benoit murder suicide
That was some weird stuff in real life breh. He booked his wife to be in a romantic angle with Benoit and when she fell for him he gave ol boy the world title on some “no hard feelings” stuff