Ringin' in the New Year with Old School: #2 Alabama Crimson Tide vs #3 Michigan St. Spartans

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Bruh these the starting defensive tackles. Ashawn & J. Reed. Grown ass 30 year old boys. I dunno man Sparty might hang for a half. It could get ugly tho. If Coker dosent go meathead

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Alabama players are in Dallas to advance to the national championship but win or lose; they'll leave with plenty of gifts.

Each Alabama player received an Apple Watch, a Fossil watch, a Fire TV and a backpack as part of the Cotton Bowl gifts package, according to multiple players. The Apple Watch is the priciest of the gifts given to players -- it has a retail value of $399 on Apple's website -- and was a big hit with the team.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm curious to see how far along my Spartans have come since last playing Bama in 2011. We were smashed 49-7 (tho that was a tremendously talented and underrated Bama team) and I remember Dantonio saying it was a wake up call for the way he recruits and develops players. Since then a lot has happened and I want to see how far that talent acquisition & development has come.

Cook has had his shoulder in a sling during practice and he looked like hell against Iowa sans a couple clutch throws. I remember on the first offense possession he missed an out route in the end zone that a healthy version of himself hits in his sleep. If Bama can get to him early and knock him down a couple times like Iowa did it could be very difficult for MSU to get anything going in the passing game.

Run defense is going to be the story of the game for both sides. Obviously everyone knows who & what Bama is bringing to the table but MSU has 3 able running backs and I've liked how was save freshmen LJ Scott to eat in the 4th Q. Both offenses are similar in that they feed off a strong running attack. I'd love to see MSU throw on more 1st downs early to open things up. I think Bama will see that Iowa was able to take some shots down field and connect on some home run plays and our young secondary is MSU's weakness. Run enough to open up the play action will be big for both teams.

I'm confident heading into the game but a lot of that is riding on the arm (rather shoulder) of Connor Cook and whether he can remain loose throughout the game. We are being coached to win 2 more games and Dantonio is one of the best motivators (and coaches) in the NCAA.

Last edited:

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
I'm curious to see how far along my Spartans have come since last playing Bama in 2011. We were smashed 49-7 (tho that was a tremendously talented and underrated Bama team) and I remember Dantonio saying it was a wake up call for the way he recruits and develops players. Since then a lot has happened and I want to see how far that talent acquisition & development has come.

Cook has had his shoulder in a sling during practice and he looked like hell against Iowa sans a couple clutch throws. I remember on the first offense possession he missed an out route in the end zone that a healthy version of himself hits in his sleep. If Bama can get to him early and knock him down a couple times like Iowa did it could be very difficult for MSU to get anything going in the passing game.

Run defense is going to be the story of the game for both sides. Obviously everyone knows who & what Bama is bringing to the table but MSU has 3 able running backs and I've liked how was save freshmen LJ Scott to eat in the 4th Q. Both offenses are similar in that they feed off a strong running attack. I'd love to see MSU throw on more 1st downs early to open things up. I think Bama will see that Iowa was able to take some shots down field and connect on some home run plays and our young secondary is MSU's weakness. Run enough to open up the play action will be big for both teams.

I'm confident heading into the game but a lot of that is riding on the arm (rather shoulder) of Connor Cook and whether he can remain loose throughout the game. We are being coached to win 2 more games and Dantonio is one of the best motivators (and coaches) in the NCAA.

That 2010 Bama team was fukkin legit. fukk garcia for going joe montana on us that year which started our downfall

Daps
Reppin
Chi
That 2010 Bama team was fukkin legit. fukk garcia for going joe montana on us that year which started our downfall

The amount of NFL players on that team...:ohlawd:

The Running Backs...:ohlawd:

One of my boys is a big Bama fan and 2010 NYE he warned me that MSU would basically be wiped off the face of the Earth and that Bama team was really hungry after the Iron Bowl and LSU loss.

Last edited:

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
The amount of NFL players on that team...:ohlawd:

The Running Backs...:ohlawd:

One of my boys is a big Bama fan and 2010 NYE he warned me that MSU would be wiped off the face of the Earth and that Bama team was really hungry after the Iron Bowl and LSU loss.

I remember lacy scoring that last touchdown and saban throwin his hands up like damn...you werent suppose to score there. Loved that 2010 team but they just didnt pan out that year

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Yes, honestly that was one of, if not most talented team overall under Saban (offense, defense, special teams). We had McElroy, Ingram, Richardson, Lacy, Julio, Maze, Michael Williams (who plays for the Pats now), Dareus, Kirkpatrick, Barron, Upshaw, Moseley, just an all around talented team, but we got complacent.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I remember lacy scoring that last touchdown and saban throwin his hands up like damn...you werent suppose to score there. Loved that 2010 team but they just didnt pan out that year

Saban still has soft spot for the Green & White...he still wears a Green tie during his press conferences the week we play Michigan.

There was a rumor back when that Saban and Izzo are both Free Masons and are still close.