Ringin' in the New Year with Old School: #2 Alabama Crimson Tide vs #3 Michigan St. Spartans

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
You sure can pass on them if you give a solid QB time.

Well, we are 1st in opponent QBR, so basically no QB has been effective on us, even Dak Prescott who passed for 300 on us wasnt, but most wouldn't know that because we won 31-6 and sacked him like 8 times. We have an all time great Bama D-Line

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Well, we are 1st in opponent QBR, so basically no QB has been effective on us, even Dak Prescott who passed for 300 on us wasnt, but most wouldn't know that because we won 31-6 and sacked him like 8 times. We have an all time great Bama D-Line

Yep it's Bama's best DL ever under Saban. Dont even mention the MSU game. Mullen should be embarrassed at how he played. Dude was petrified of Bama :scust:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Why did Auburn abandon running game in Iron Bowl?

"Auburn did something not many teams have done this season: it ran the ball effectively against Alabama.

Then, just as the surprising feat appeared on the stat sheet at halftime, coach Gus Malzahn ripped the ball out of his running backs' hands.

Jovon Robinson rushed for 53 yards on 12 carries in the first half, but received only two carries in the second half as Auburn flirted with an upset of No. 2 Alabama. The Tide (11-1, 7-1 SEC) went on to win 29-13 in a performance that was a one-score game early in the fourth quarter.

Auburn's running backs combined for only five carries for five yards in the second half.

"They were rolling an extra guy down on first down and they dared us to throw it," Malzahn said. "Early on, when they did that, we got some yards. In the second half, we had trouble when they rolled the extra guy down. That was really the biggest difference."

Quarterback Jeremy Johnson was 2 of 4 passing for 27 yards on first down in the second half, when Malzahn believed it was time to keep Robinson and Peyton Barber out of the game plan."

It's legitimately as simple as Auburn just stopped running the ball. Jovon was playing his usual game running through holes, 12 carries 53 yards and Barber got his plays when they came, 5 carries 29 yards.

There were some speed plays too that worked out, but the main point is Alabama looked vulnerable alot and Auburn aint even have a passing threat

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I just broke it down, look up

we aint rape yall defense but to say we aint run on it would be wrong too

:yeshrug: I will say, y'all ran (before y'all abandoned it and ended up with 91) on our defense the right way, running outside. Something that other teams refuse to do against us, but I ain't complaining :lolbron:

Last edited:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I just broke it down, look up

we aint rape yall defense but to say we aint run on it would be wrong too

You think Auburn would have gotten the same run production in the 2nd half? :mjlol:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
You think Auburn would have gotten the same run production in the 2nd half? :mjlol:
Seeing as how Malzahn usually gets his against these Alabama defenses...yeah

I almsot see why Malzahn switched the entire offense up, because Auburn WAS getting receivers open the whole damn 2nd half but Jeremy couldnt hit the side of an elephant. Like legitimately any other QB

like a healthy Sean White

would've ate in them conditions

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Seeing as how Malzahn usually gets his against these Alabama defenses...yeah

I almsot see why Malzahn switched the entire offense up, because Auburn WAS getting receivers open the whole damn 2nd half but Jeremy couldnt hit the side of an elephant. Like legitimately any other QB

like a healthy Sean White

would've ate in them conditions

Sean White cant read coverages that fast yet. Especially w/that D line in his face.

Nick Marshall woulda ate them DBs alive in the 2nd half. Gus needs this QB situation to work. His entire team is QB-dependent. If the offense won't go, defense gets gassed.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Sean White cant read coverages that fast yet. Especially w/that D line in his face.

Nick Marshall woulda ate them DBs alive in the 2nd half. Gus needs this QB situation to work. His entire team is QB-dependent. If the offense won't go, defense gets gassed.
Idk man, Sean was cookin on that Arky defense when his dudes were catching passes. But I also see what you saying. Gus doesn't know how to win without a good QB. Mentally he just can't do it. He will run plays that work but then he'll also have some completely boneheaded decisions that don't make any sense based on what he got. I believe he'll have his next Nick Marshall next year so hopefully we get the ball rolling again.