Rich Paul sued by NBA player Nerlens Noel over lost $58 million

Karume

All Star
Daps
A very smart agent wouldnt allow a mid tier player to drop a long term contract for a two year contract.
IF the agent properly informed the client if available options, then everything falls on the player

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
IF the agent properly informed the client if available options, then everything falls on the player
The fumbled 70 Ms is on him. While Rich Paul did persuade him to leave the deal on the table, Nerlens did agree with him, and voluntarily did so. He's not gonna get 58 million at all.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Most of the brehs in this thread are probably younger than me. Perhaps that affects my outlook. It just seems odd to me that none of the related conversations appear to have occured via email or texts.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
You can sue for breach of contract, negligence and purposeful misrepresentation.
Yeah you could if that’s what happened. They missed out on getting the best deal, but he did get a deal. I know this is the coli and how these type of conversations go, but you can’t sue the agent you selected for not being very good. I mean you can sue, but it will get tossed. My agent didn’t get the best deal is not something that is going to hold up in court.

im just gonna say that and duck out.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The two teams mentioned that Rich Paul was ignoring we’re the Clippers and Rockets—two teams in direct completion with the Lakers at the time. Once again, everything at Klutch is centered around Lebron and his chance at a ring. You have to be a fool to sign with them if you want to get a good long term deal.

Take away the biggest names (who don’t/didn’t need Rich Paul for a max deal) including Lebron, AD, Ben Simmons, Trae Young, Draymond, and players who were on Lebron’s teams, what has Rich Paul actually done?

Karume

All Star
Daps
The two teams mentioned that Rich Paul was ignoring we’re the Clippers and Rockets—two teams in direct completion with the Lakers at the time. Once again, everything at Klutch is centered around Lebron and his chance at a ring. You have to be a fool to sign with them if you want to get a good long term deal.

Take away the biggest names (who don’t/didn’t need Rich Paul for a max deal) including Lebron, AD, Ben Simmons, Trae Young, Draymond, and players who were on Lebron’s teams, what has Rich Paul actually done?
So It falls on Noel.......