Ric Flair: I've always had a great relationship with 'my brothers' in the Black community

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Growing up with 3 older brothers I learned just about every counter variation to the sharpshooter out of sheer preservation, always loved Bret

And hated the sharpshooter :martin:

Until it was my time to slap it on the lil cousins and nephews :blessed:
My family's broke ass didn't get cable as a kid so for me it was the Scorpion Deathlock until told otherwise :mjcry:

Trying to do Konnan's wack-ass Tequila Sunrise because all we regularly got was Thunder and that was the only vaguely dope looking submission hold I saw on a regular basis :mjcry:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
While Hogan was selling vitamins, fitness and prayers....

Flair was selling Style, Sex and Booze......

And we loved him for it.

Still do.

WOOOOOOO!

Last edited:

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
My family's broke ass didn't get cable as a kid so for me it was the Scorpion Deathlock until told otherwise :mjcry:

Trying to do Konnan's wack-ass Tequila Sunrise because all we regularly got was Thunder and that was the only vaguely dope looking submission hold I saw on a regular basis :mjcry:
:stopitslime:Damn you sound ungrateful as shyt

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I think it's a maturity thing. Bret wasn't seen as cool and rebellious so a lot of kids/teens didn't relate or flock to him (after the New Generation era). Then you get older and realize how cool it was to rock black and pink and make it work, beyond being humble and safe in the ring. Bret is all fundamentals, with a non-showoff style and experienced professionalism. People see this as 'boring.'

I found Bret cooler as I aged.
I grew up in the New Generation Era and always fukked with Bret. Everyone flocked to Diesel, HBK(to an extent), and Razor(me too, he was my second favorite behind Hart) but I always fukked with Bret. Even during the Anti-America angle in '97, I still rocked with Bret. I always liked the no nonsense way his character was and the way he wrestled made it look so real. He still has some of the best punches in wrestling.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
:dahell:

What the fukk are you talking about? The only thing I’m ungrateful about is the fact your father didn’t pull out and leave the best of you in that brothel dribbling down your whore mom’s thigh
I was talking about how you complaining about not having cable and some kids probably didn’t even have a TV. Calling your family a broke ass family and all that :yeshrug: if you feel a way about that then it is what it is

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Wrestlers like Flair and Hoegan always got looked as GOATs in the black community. Hell even Dustry was hyped up. Yet, black folks will never understand a real one because even then most folks were sucking HBK's musty nuts off:

main-qimg-b4365ab5d8591679418ccf133fe0c825

• Never had a racist bone in his body
  • Put over the midcarders while bytch made Hogan went "datsnatgawnawok4mehbrotha"
  • Got himself a black queen
  • shytted on Trips
  • Hate meatheads like Oldberg
  • Loves the kids
  • Had a banger of a theme
Yet, black folks including my own classmates at the time of grade school was doing "Suck it" chops like dorks.
He's the Goat no one disputes this.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

This is pretty much why CM Punk said Bret Hart is his favorite wrestler now.

I think out of all the older wrestlers, only a few of their matches aged well. Bret, Shawn, Macho Man, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Austin, Steamboat and maybe a couple of others. A lot of the older stuff we grew up with is unwatchable now.

It was unwatchable then breh.

Art Barr