Revisiting the Final Fantasy XIII series

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm gonna attempt to beat XIII this weekend and see if i can finish XIII-2 next weekend before Lightning Returns comes out so two games in 12 days (really 13 cause i started yesterday).

Playing through XIII i don't see why people were so butthurt about this game. Yeah its linear as hell and yeah many of the characters have annoying quirks but i'd say i'm enjoying it as much my second go-round as i did my first and i'm noticing way more stuff.

one of the weird things about the game is half the store is told through the datalogs and if you don't read them the game probably makes zero sense. Lightning is also a real a$$hole. I mean she makes Squall look like a nice guy in comparison. If that was my sister I'd distance myself from her but maybe she treats Serah nice.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I definitely felt that this is by far the weakest mainline FF title in the series but it's not necessarily a awful game like everyone else says it is. It has it's good moments like the visuals and the music being the highlight of the game but it's just that everything else just drags the game down.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Yeah, this series is probably the weakest out of the entire franchise...and I'm including that weak ass online game. I seriously don't like Lightning. Major league bytch.
I had more of a problem with the lack of spells, epic attacks and epic summons.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I definitely felt that this is by far the weakest mainline FF title in the series but it's not necessarily a awful game like everyone else says it is. It has it's good moments like the visuals and the music being the highlight of the game but it's just that everything else just drags the game down.
the only major issue i have with the game it the 25ish hour tutorial for a battle system that isn't that complex. you can really tell the Final Fantasy X guys made this game though. its in almost the same exact mold.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Same here. I think by that time I had grown tired of the game. The story, the characters, and the play style just felt weak to me. Not a bad game at all, but pales in comparison to the other FF games I've played.

Speaking of the characters, this game had the most unlikable main characters I've seen in a FF game. The only decent character in the game was probably Sazh because he's the only sane person in the game compared to everyone else, who ranges from meh to fukking annoying.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Speaking of the characters, this game had the most unlikable main characters I've seen in a FF game. The only decent character in the game was probably Sazh because he's the only sane person in the game compared to everyone else, who ranges from meh to fukking annoying.
You right, breh. I felt dude was the easiest one to relate to and his goals made sense since he was trying to help his son. The only other one I felt was tolerable was Snow. I just can't believe they made THREE games to this series, while we are still waiting on Versus.

:camby:And fukk that lil prick Hope...