Review bombing - what can be done?

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
This ain't nothing new - and even though the movie was weak, even before it was released I saw this occur with Ghostbusters in 2016 and remember thinking this was gonna be the new normal with insecure cacs.

Now anything that displeases frat boys, nerds and grown ass cacs is getting review bombed. And some non cacs falling for it too ("agenda pushing or feminism"). The last few months have seen Kenobi, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and now Rings of Power review bombed for their "wokeness and straying from the source material". When in factual fact, most haven't even watched it, and are mostly racist and misogynist cacs.

This shyt does affect not just perception of the quality of these movies/shows, but also box office and ratings. So what can be done?

*let's see if anyone actually tries to pretend those shows are trash and it has nothing to do with review bombing.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Comics seem to have room for “wokeness” anyway.

But conservatives don’t pay attention to lyrics or dialogue to learn that a lot of media has been anti war and anti prejudice for a long time. They just like the bang bang power up parts and then zone out when there’s dialogue. The pay so much attention to the wacky noises instead what people were actually saying

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I thought that nonsense was pretty much done with until I checked Ms. Marvel while it was still on, and 40% of the votes were 1/10

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bunch of whack people who tricked flim companies to release movies.

There the reason there are no new ideas in Hollywood

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
you pretty much have to dilute the weight of the votes
since they all do it in say one day that one day's votes would count less if the same number is pressed in mass in a short period of time
1 vote becomes .10

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I saw this before and was like there's bias in both directions. I like She-Hulk but it isn't a 10/10 show. It has more 10/10 votes than 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, and 4/10 votes. I don't know what they can do to fix what people rate stuff besides only linking verified(not blue check) social media accounts to IMDB/RT/Metacritic sites.

960x0.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
what can be done is not care about reviews or ratings...watch what you like, and/or watch/read reviews from sources/people you trust.

this.

I been actually thinking about this since I started Ms. Marvel and saw it had a 6.1 on iMDb. Ain't no way in hell that show deserves that rating
I saw this before and was like there's bias in both directions. I like She-Hulk but it isn't a 10/10 show. It has more 10/10 votes than 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, and 4/10 votes. I don't know what they can do to fix what people rate stuff besides only linking verified(not blue check) social media accounts to IMDB/RT/Metacritic sites.

960x0.jpg

:russ: I didn't even see this post before I started typing.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

960x0.jpg

The massive amount of 10s is usually done to try and cancel all them 1s, as the 1s almost always show up first. Whenever I see a graph like that I know it has NOTHING to do with the actual quality of the show and some clowns have decided to tank the show because of loser personal issues.

DSA15

Pro
Daps
Despite the whining by these insecure losers, none it has any bearing in real life. The general movie going and tv watching public don’t pay attention to this shyt.

These male cacs had a mental breakdown when Brie Larson said she wanted more than just white men to review movies and started going after Captain Marvel review bombing before it came out which caused rotten tomatoes to change their viewing metric with audience scores. They also made countless YouTube videos about her claiming that the movie was going to bomb because she offended the white male audience.

But we know what Captain Marvel did at the box office and it had good legs which is how it got to a billion. I didn’t think it was the best MCU movie but I enjoyed it enough as did a lot of people (A cinemascore).

Also, these cacs changed their reasoning as to why Captain Marvel did well after getting hit with reality (It got released in between 2 huge Avengers movies!) So did Ant Man and the Wasp and that made like 630 million.

Point is: They don’t matter.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, I don't think it needs to be stopped. It's good info on how many disaffected people there are. And like someone said in the grand scheme they ain’t hurting shyt. The % of people they are swaying is very small to 0.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I don't think it needs to be stopped. It's good info on how many disaffected people there are. And like someone said in the grand scheme they ain’t hurting shyt. The % of people they are swaying is very small to 0.
One person can create a bot to review bomb a flim they don't like.