Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
You can fight Phrike again if you beat him.

Went up against with a pistol and no health, almost beat him.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
instantly see the ‘metroid’ (and ‘control’ to a lesser degree) comparisons

gun fights are way more intense than I thought from the previews

some creature that was obviously supposed to kill me did cuz game the went time the title screen

still very early in the game obviously but from the comments the difficulty/lack of saves will probably be the main obstacles that prevent me from marathoning this game but I do like walking around and exploring this world so far

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Phryke is kicking my ass.... I had mad extra health on top of a astronaut and i could get him into the 3rd life bar. His melee attack always hit me, I never see him telegraph it.

:birdman:

How yall beat this man???:mjcry:
There’s an audio & a visual (boss animation) cue

Also, he always comes in after the round outward laser, the timing will come, dodge & get a strike in

another tip, when he goes in the ground you can follow him (you can see moving in the sand) and get a strike on him as he gets up (then dodge away)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There’s an audio & a visual (boss animation) cue

Also, he always comes in after the round outward laser, the timing will come, dodge & get a strike in

another tip, when he goes in the ground you can follow him (you can see moving in the sand) and get a strike on him as he gets up (then dodge away)

I got his pattern down the second time but came ill equipped. You can still kinda save scum the game a bit I’m just gonna keep restarting so i don’t have to do the whole level to find him. I’m just gonna keep restarting until i get a closer boss entrance and farm and come back, way easier that way

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
When I get the house key should I go to the house or through the other path and push forward?