Retro Album: ONYX - Bacdafucup

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
yall know I gotta post the controversial '94 soul train awards celebration.

this chit was the talk of the town. the 1st ones to bring a crew on stage, and bul did they storm that chit.

the point where your grandparents was like "who the hell are these guys"?? my grandmom actually listened to their tape, altho it might've been before this. she prolly wanted to know why we kept diving on her couch.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
my staircase walls were full of these onyx faces :wow:
overall i prefer their 2nd album. but bacdafucup is fire as well, that jazzy feel

Again one of fhe older homies had the second album in 96 i never even knew they had anpther album and i flipped my shyt when i heard it. It was a very hard album to find in Australia, had to be a $40 import

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember this interview too:

That was from Box Talk. Hands down the best Box Talk clip out of all of them. The Mary J Blige Box Talk probably being the 2nd best cuz of how they let the little kid get away with saying "oh Shyt" when Mary started singing Real Love accapella. On the flipside Bone Thugs N Hamony was the worst Box Talk. They musta smoked to much cuz they were dead.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
That was from Box Talk. Hands down the best Box Talk clip out of all of them. The Mary J Blige Box Talk probably being the 2nd best cuz of how they let the little kid get away with saying "oh Shyt" when Mary started singing Real Love accapella. On the flipside Bone Thugs N Hamony was the worst Box Talk. They musta smoked to much cuz they were dead.

which one??

cuz I remember the 1st jawn, where eazy gave them the double-platinum plaques in the middle of their concert in Cleveland.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
My nikkas. I used to bump their shyt heavy . Felt like they related more to me than Easy E, Too Short and Death Row on the West coast .

Remember seeing this live .

I was :ooh::gladbron::ohlawd::russ: when they won for best rap album.

Them boys were wild! :russ: LMAO @ Jodeci and those other people got out the way quick. :mjlol:

Yeah Box Talk was dope back then. I always something to look forward to everyday. I couldn't even imagine saying that now.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
My nikkas. I used to bump their shyt heavy . Felt like they related more to me than Easy E, Too Short and Death Row on the West coast .

Remember seeing this live .

I was :ooh::gladbron::ohlawd::russ: when they won for best rap album.

my bad.

I didn't see this video posted already.

so nice, we had to post it twice, I guess.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Not the one with Eazy......The 2nd one after the success of 1st Of The Month and before the Crossroads video.

I don't remember that one. but I believe you. they had a tendency to give deadbeat interviews.

I remember they hosted "YO!" after one of their shows in new York or something. they let wish & flesh get their little shine, while the rest of them looked like they were snoring.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Throw ta gunz was one of the grimiest videos back in the day lol, I remember slam on the box all the time, whole album was dope, 1993 was one of the goat years so there is a lot of stuff that was crazy and influential that doesn't even get talked about as much because it came around the same time as some other shyt that gets so much coverage. This is definitely one of those examples, I agree with people saying the logos were everywhere, their branding ability gets overlooked, it's one of those groups that still eats overseas though