Retro Album: ONYX - Bacdafucup

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
The Chronic gets overhype on this board but the way I remember it both The Chronic and Bacdafucup were out around the same time and on my end got the same amount of rotation.....But as time has passed The chronic got more acknowledgment.

I'll never forget how Throw Ya Gunz captivated my city....It was all eyes on Onyx when that song was hot. Then u started seeing dudes freestyling using that rah rah Onyx style, Bacdafucup to me will always be the beginning of the east coast gritty, grimey era.

yea I mean, I wouldn't say the chronic gets overhyped. but like we were saying in that death row chronicles thread, they beat us over the head with the same rappers' legacies over & over. they never spread that love around and tell the whole story.

people forget that ONYX was THEE GROUP in hip-hop during this timeframe. theres people on here who don't even know who ONYX were, and just recognize fredro & sticky as actors.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Nikkaz used to draw the onyx happy face everywhere and put the stickers up all over the fukking school and city

The Onyx wave underrated

I posed with the onyx screwface in my 4th grade class picture when this album was out.

matter fact, I used to walk around with that chit routinely until other people started emulating me & doing it wrong.

ILLMMORTAL

THE ILLEST
Daps
Reppin
THE MOST OUTTER REACHES OF THE COSMOS
onyx-bacdafucup-1-1024x1024.jpg
:ufdup::blessed::whew::whoo::ohlawd::myman:BACDAFUCUP BACDAFUCUP BACDAFUCUP:salute:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Classic timbs and hoodies music

Da nex niguz is a personal favorite

I was just watchin this
It was monotonous
Couldn't figure da nex nicca dikkin my girls asophagus

:russ:

Right up there with

Enta Da Stage
Dah Shinin’
36 Chambers
OB4CL
Firing Squad
The Infamous

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was living in New York when this came out and remember it all like yesterday. That bald head look was popular back in '93. You had these dudes, Mobb Deep, Da Youngstas, Run DMC and many others rocking baldies.

I used to bump Slam hard all the time. Sticky always had the craziest verses. Something always seemed off about dude like he was a genuine psycho lol.