Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
onyx-bacdafucup-1-1024x1024.jpg

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
this was my shyt

I saw them live when they first came out at the UMASS Student Union Ballroom. before the show me and my peeps walked past them in a hallway downstairs, and they all bumped the fukk out my one homie :lolbron:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Chronic gets overhype on this board but the way I remember it both The Chronic and Bacdafucup were out around the same time and on my end got the same amount of rotation.....But as time has passed The chronic got more acknowledgment.

I'll never forget how Throw Ya Gunz captivated my city....It was all eyes on Onyx when that song was hot. Then u started seeing dudes freestyling using that rah rah Onyx style, Bacdafucup to me will always be the beginning of the east coast gritty, grimey era.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I remember getting the dub from the homie who had the hook up, he had an older friend up the street who used to buy EVERY rap album that came out dude lived in a caravan at his parents house and the walls were filled with posters and cd covers. BACDAFUCUP was probably the first real album i had that had that kind of language on it too. Before that my mum would only let me get albums that didnt have a parental advisory sticker on it :russ: i would have been 10/11 when i got the tape.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I actually was just listening to this album.

The recent Vlad interviews made me revisit it a few days ago. They were talking about their first single and when I youtubed it I noticed that rah rah style didnt exist...they were on some Native Tongues type vide. Its actually a lil humerous cuz it sounds nothing like Onyx.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
The recent Vlad interviews made me revisit it a few days ago. They were talking about their first single and when I youtubed it I noticed that rah rah style didnt exist...they were on some Native Tongues type vide. Its actually a lil humerous cuz it sounds nothing like Onyx.

Yeah they used to do house music lol.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saw this video on Worldstar years ago and was blown away because its classic Onyx. I still keep this song in my rotation till this day. NYC radio never played it but would play the hell out of Bandz'll Make Her Dance by Juicy J. I remember thinking the fact that Onyx needs to be in a machine in order to get rotation in NYC is sad. This song should've been getting spins in NYC.