Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I’m in a city full of Michelin star restaurants and James Beard Award winner chefs, there is no reason for me to lie about a mid-tier steak chain.

Additionally, Chicago has been ranked as the rattiest city in America and rats have been popping up in places you wouldn’t expect.
Chicago food trash compared to the gulf coast and is there one credible review that states this.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Idk living in LA, $100 a person ain’t too bad. If you going out, then go out. Especially a steak house. Two drinks that $30-50 right there. Entree is $30-70 a side or two is $15-30. Throw in an appetizer, thats $15-20.

Real easy to get to $100 just eating a meal and drinks will run it up quick.

Restaurants are trying to maintain their workforce. I’d quit after the 3rd table ordered appetizers 1 drink some waters and spent an hour and a half taking photos just to leave a $5 tip. I’ve never worked a restaurant job, so I’m just assuming. :yeshrug:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I did wind up going to Steak 48 after this thread. I went to the one in Houston. Its along the lines of Ruth Chris. It was very good.
20210628-203457.jpg

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How was your experience? I think the general consensus is S&S is better than S48.
Swift & Sons is fire. Went for dinner last night, and wasn’t disappointed. Steak was cooked exactly like I wanted (medium), their cheddar biscuits are a great starter, and the crab cake was pretty good as well. Good wine selection as well, and our waiter told us what was a good pairing with our food.

He also didn’t try and upsell us when we asked which was better, the wagyu or the filet mignon. Said the filet mignon was better due to it being leaner, while the wagyu has more fat content.