Resident Evil VIIIage -OT- Full VR Update 2/22

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. RE7 is not a top 3 RE game. The first half of the game is classic status, but the second half is trash.

If you've never played any of them, play the Resident Evil 2 remake first. I think it's under $20 now and it's the best in the whole series in my opinion.

If you are open to playing retro games, the original RE from the 90s is still good.

The remaster is definitely worth playing over the OG today

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm stuck. did my first run on village of shadow. by the time I get to lady tall bytches second form I'm stuck using a knife.

gonna be a long road to victory.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Broke down and copped this for full price when I said I wasn't. It was alright. I don't like Ethan as a character. Last 30 minutes of this game is just thrown together :mjlol:

Lady Tyrant was a let down. I breezed through her castle so fast it seemed like she was in the game for all of an hour.

Propeller head dude in the factory HAD ME SHOOK though :damn:. That character and the way he is used was about the only real "resident evil" experience I got out of this game. Heisenberg was a real good character and his powers could have been used in so many better ways than what he did. Shame he wasn't in the game longer.

Capcom has done with resident evil what EA did to dead space. The father the series goes the lest removed it gets from the original concept to the point that the only thing that makes this a resident evil game is that fact they put resident evil in the title.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Game was underwhelming overall. Boss fights were pretty bad. No use of dual sense at all and very lazy haptic feedback. RE7 was way better IMO

:francis:

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
Just wrapped this game up. I give it an 8.2.

combat was solid. I almost wish Ethan moved a little better during boss fights but that’s partly why these games have been so terrifying - you can’t run away very fast.

Ethan’s VA was horrible. Bro gets hooks jammed into his hands and hung up, says “ah shoot!”

he seriously makes you forget how bad his situation is and detracts from the vibe. The hardest part of the final battle was trying to keep a straight face when he makes his comments to Miranda.

And it’s too bad because this game had potential to be an A- or A game. The visuals are incredible and the Dietremescu’s castle was dope, start to finish.

And after watching the ending I must say I’m not that excited for the next one. They need to overhaul this series again.

This was a little better than RE7 but nowhere close to RE2make.

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Just got this game couple days ago and I’m loving it so far, looks great too.

Just beat the lady in the castle and now made my way to the House with the dolls. Will I be able to go back into the castle at some point?

Is everything connected?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just got this game couple days ago and I’m loving it so far, looks great too.

Just beat the lady in the castle and now made my way to the House with the dolls. Will I be able to go back into the castle at some point?

Is everything connected?
Not the castle unfortunately but most of the other areas can be back tracked

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
My dumbass played on village of Shadow difficulty and now I'm stuck in the castle fighting that flying bytch by the time I get to her second form all I have are a couple bullets and a knife

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
My dumbass played on village of Shadow difficulty and now I'm stuck in the castle fighting that flying bytch by the time I get to her second form all I have are a couple bullets and a knife
There was some ammo at the top of the step, not sure if they’re there on the difficulty you’re playing at though.