Resident Evil 3 | PS4/XB1/PC

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Playing on hardcore and died easily with two bites from a zombie so probably back to normal for me... yeah I’m a casual and could never beat Hunks mission on RE2 :francis:

They changed it up from RE2 when getting bitten you have to mash whatever button popped up and fill the circle, if you don't you might auto die

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk brehs, I just don't like This one. The changes kinda throwing me off. I think im gonna refund on steam

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'm not a fan of the new map, the button prompt when bitten, it's just unnecessary changes.... game should've stayed as close as possible to the original.
Yeah apart from that main “strip” of shops from the demo area it really doesn't feel like you’re exploring the city either, it’s just kinda...bland, compared to what it could of been.

like I said, I’m enjoying it but you could tell early on playing RE2 that they hit it out the park...this needed more time/work

Reviewers who are giving this 9/10 or higher get the instant :francis: from me

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah apart from that main “strip” of shops from the demo area it really doesn't feel like you’re exploring the city either, it’s just kinda...bland, compared to what it could of been.

like I said, I’m enjoying it but you could tell early on playing RE2 that they hit it out the park...this needed more time/work

Reviewers who are giving this 9/10 or higher get the instant :francis: from me
I have it but I’m not even positive I wanna redeeem it on Steam. I saw the complaints and they are all valid as fukk from what I see. They literally removed everything that was great about the original. And on top of that. Removed everything that was great about the RE2 Remake.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have it but I’m not even positive I wanna redeeem it on Steam. I saw the complaints and they are all valid as fukk from what I see. They literally removed everything that was great about the original. And on top of that. Removed everything that was great about the RE2 Remake.
Don’t get me wrong breh, if you like Resident Evil it’s worth a playthrough, but from what I’ve played so far it’s isn’t touching the last Remake at all.

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
Played it for a few hours and def feel like I’m a good bit through, just got to my first Carlos section

game is good, but by biggest takeaway so far is that it has ZERO of the horror atmosphere the RE2 remake had, I know it’s gonna be different when you compare open neon lit streets to tight corridors in a darkened police station but still, there’s no tension.

a crazy amount of bullets, an item box every few areas along with barely any backtracking obviously takes a lot away from that too

playing on hardcore too btw
tbh Resident Evil 3 OG had the same vibe

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know. I’m just mad about the liberties the appear to have taken.
Yeah, they were on a huge roll, and still could of been if they’d took their time instead of rushing this out to capitalise on the love and success for RE2, it needed a good 6 months extra imo, it looks great and The gameplay is still good, but Give Rac00n city a bit more depth (the demo area is about as “downtown” as it gets) Keep ALL the areas from the original, I’m not saying to overly pad it out, just give the game a few more hours worth of content, no one plays these for a long story, but it being half the length of RE2 is trash, the fans weren’t going anywhere, Capcom just wanted to cash in because they knew people were expecting this and took the lazy way.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Played a bit and restored the subway train power and created a route. So far it's been mild. This ain't really hitting it for me like RE2 Remake or of RE3.