Report: The Walking Dead developer Telltale Games closing down

taker597

Superstar
Daps
And Stranger Things was in development, they seemingly bit off more than they could chew.
The thing I don't get is that they were banking on established properties outside of their respected genre that probably would not translate to interactive movie games.

Game of Thrones fan probably would never play it.
Batman fans after the Arkham series probably weren't gonna play with it.
Borderlands and Minecraft... Lol.
GOTG would be better suited for a multiplayer AAA experience.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
This hurts my soul, I loved their games even tho I didn't cop every single one...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Gotta be one of the most obvious cases of straight up mismanagement in gaming since Rare
I think they took on too many big IP's. probably expensive for shyt like Game of Thrones and Batman, and then those games didn't do good. the Batman games were dope though

it was crazy for a minute with them releasing episodes of different games between each other, while announcing more games. they tried to do too much, and never had another success like The Walking Dead

no Wolf Among Us season 2 :mjcry:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think they took on too many big IP's. probably expensive for shyt like Game of Thrones and Batman, and then those games didn't do good. the Batman games were dope though

it was crazy for a minute with them releasing episodes of different games between each other, while announcing more games. they tried to do too much, and never had another success like The Walking Dead

no Wolf Among Us season 2 :mjcry:
300+ working out in San Francisco is some of the dumbest shyt imaginable for a studio like Telltale

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Walking Dead Final season has been canceled.:damn:

Sources: Telltale Games Closes Majority of Studio, The Wolf Among Us 2 and Stranger Things Canceled [Update, Correction]

Update 4 [4:12pm]: As information continues to come out of today's announcement that Telltale Games is closing, and particularly in light of Telltale's statement, there are new revelations to the situation at Telltale.

We previously reported that a skeleton crew will remain behind to complete work on The Walking Dead Final Season. That information was inaccurate. Sources who wish to remain anonymous explained that there is a skeleton crew at Telltale, but they will be working on the Minecraft Story Mode project for Netflix. In fact, The Walking Dead team was also laid off today and The Walking Dead Final Season will not be completed.

This matches with the statement issued by Telltale games where the company promised to "fulfill the company's obligations to its board and partners." Our sources say The Walking Dead Final Season is set to end after the second episode launches next week.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Gawddamn no wonder they're dead!:picard:

ZqRGKJa.png