Report: Nuggets front office and Mike Malone do not see eye to eye on direction of Franchise

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Mike Malone is overrated and arrogant asf but I agree with him. The time for Denver is now. The front office is bugging.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Eagles and Patriots used to follow this method. Not overpay role players or aging players. The issue with Denver is their draft picks have not shown they can perform as starters or play with more minutes. Last year they got rid of Bruce cause they said Peyton Watson was more athletic and ready. Watson did nothing. Now you got Christian Braun who I dont think is ready to start.

:childplease: nikka THIS AINT THE NFL

THAT shyt DONT WORK IN THE NBA.
YOU WIN WITH VETERAN LACED SQUADS

:devil:
:evil:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Yup, it's getting tiring hearing about Mike Malone crying because he's scared to develop first round picks that's a head coach job.
Be real, wtf is getting developed at the spots that they’re usually drafting from? Their R1 guys since ‘20 were picked at 22-26-21-No Pick-28. Hyland ain’t shyt and ran himself outta town. Braun is the only pick the FO has made that’s panning out.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They don’t even need luxury brand role players. They just need guys off the bench that can soak up minutes and help keep them afloat when Jokic isn’t on the floor.

That’s been their biggest achilles heel these past few year. Jeff Green wasn’t a luxury brand role player.

The ones they cry about not retaining (KCP and Bruce Brown) were though.

And i maintain, if you’re paying 3 guys max money but your boat immediately sinks if the numero uno doesn’t play 48 minutes with stamina meter off… bc the other two max guys can’t keep ish afloat themselves… that’s more like the Achilles heel tough luck :hubie:

Edit- and not that they’re the only team dealing with that 3 max but 1 (or 2) of them are mid problem.

Last edited:

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Westbrook....how many former MVPs became journeymen like this guy has

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Now Nuggets fans know how Arsenal fans fell

This summer? Or the decade before Stan had full control of the club? Since he became outright owner they've spent alot. Which is quite surprising if you know what kind of owner he is. Arsenal transfer business with Arteta kinda reminds me with how aggressive they were with the Rams in that 3-5 year period when they made 2SB.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Denver is in an interesting situation because they've already won and Joker clearly doesn't give a fukk about playing in the NBA until he's late 30s or some shyt... Nobody would be shocked if Joker retires from the league at like 33 and goes back to Serbia.

To me it's better to acquire vets and try to ride Joker to as much success as possible until he's done.

This me basically, yall Denver you may never be this close again try to get as many runs as you can

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eagles and Patriots used to follow this method. Not overpay role players or aging players. The issue with Denver is their draft picks have not shown they can perform as starters or play with more minutes. Last year they got rid of Bruce cause they said Peyton Watson was more athletic and ready. Watson did nothing. Now you got Christian Braun who I dont think is ready to start.
Eagles never won shyt during the Reid/McNabb era. That Pats had Brady taking discounts and hit on quality vets (Dillon, Moss, Harrison) and hit the lotto in the draft with Gronk...that's all on top of having what many consider to be the GOAT HC and QB.

Beyond that, you can't really compare the sports like that. You can let a proven player go in football and replace him with young talent. You can't do that in basketball. Think about it, you had to go to football rather than pointing to basketball teams that succeeded with this model.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The ones they cry about not retaining (KCP and Bruce Brown) were though.

And i maintain, if you’re paying 3 guys max money but your boat immediately sinks if the numero uno doesn’t play 48 minutes with stamina meter off… bc the other two max guys can’t keep ish afloat themselves… that’s more like the Achilles heel tough luck
:hubie:

Edit- and not that they’re the only team dealing with that 3 max but 1 (or 2) of them are mid problem.
That sure is a interesting definition of luxury brand role player as I'd view someone like Jrue as that more than those guys.

You're completely disregarding the importance of depth in the league these days as they all can't play 48 together. It's literally been a factor in the past few championship runs.

A top heavy team can't win it all these days like they used to and two of those guys aren't max level players in play only money

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Trying to think about the future while u have a 3x MVP in his prime is insane.

Everyone wants to be RC Buford, but no one is RC Buford except RC Buford

and Malone does play the young guys, they're just not that good

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
They ain’t get rid of him :why:

He decided $21Ms or whatever he took was better than the $8Ms or so Denver could offer

Can you blame him for going elsewhere?

Teams all around the league that are giving young guys an opportunity to play but you’re acting like this is unique

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That sure is a interesting definition of luxury brand role player as I'd view someone like Jrue as that more than those guys.

Shiiiiiid bringing up Jeff Green was what was interesting :pachaha:

Expected pay:
  • KCP: 22m/year
  • Bruce Brown: 22.5m/year
  • Aaron Gordon: 21m/year
  • Derrick White: 20m/year
  • Jeff Green: 8m/year
Luxury as in they cost over 2.5x as a Jeff Green, my point being good luck stocking up on several of those while also having 3 max slots filled. Glorified 3rd options in Jrue (30m/year) and Porzingis (30m/year) taking backseats as players bc of age or injury while maintaining/exceeding their price, fits the bill as well. Which brings the next part:

You're completely disregarding the importance of depth in the league these days as they all can't play 48 together. It's literally been a factor in the past few championship runs.

A top heavy team can't win it all these days like they used to and two of those guys aren't max level players in play only money

Unless you're a Porter Jr apologist weary of criticism levied on him, it otherwise feels like you actually agree with me, as you even said: "those guys aren't max level players in play, only money" That's my point.

More-so I'm simply not diregarding the importance of reality... which is most of the aspiring contenders are top heavy and hence require their stars to be optimal. Denver was edged out in 7 by a MIN team that beat PHX... all of whom endured criticisms of overpaying for non-optimal big 3s. Yet one of em still makes it to the WCFs, and loses to a very beatable but still optimal big 2 DAL team... that then gets steam rolled by a suped up big 2 BOS team that was already a reoccuring title contender prior to Jrue and KP.

So for Denver i reiterate, it's tough luck but everyone else gotta deal with the parity... or pay the pending 500m bill to rise above it (or just attempt to sell your majority stake after) like Boston.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Shiiiiiid bringing up Jeff Green was what was interesting :pachaha:

Expected pay:
  • KCP: 22m/year
  • Bruce Brown: 22.5m/year
  • Aaron Gordon: 21m/year
  • Derrick White: 20m/year
  • Jeff Green: 8m/year
Luxury as in they cost over 2.5x as a Jeff Green, my point being good luck stocking up on several of those while also having 3 max slots filled. Glorified 3rd options in Jrue (30m/year) and Porzingis (30m/year) taking backseats as players bc of age or injury while maintaining/exceeding their price, fits the bill as well. Which brings the next part:

Unless you're a Porter Jr apologist weary of criticism levied on him, it otherwise feels like you actually agree with me, as you even said: "those guys aren't max level players in play, only money" That's my point.

More-so I'm simply not diregarding the importance of reality... which is most of the aspiring contenders are top heavy and hence require their stars to be optimal. Denver was edged out in 7 by a MIN team that beat PHX... all of whom endured criticisms of overpaying for non-optimal big 3s. Yet one of em still makes it to the WCFs, and loses to a very beatable but still optimal big 2 DAL team... that then gets steam rolled by a suped up big 2 BOS team that was already a reoccuring title contender prior to Jrue and KP.

So for Denver i reiterate, it's tough luck but everyone else gotta deal with the parity... or pay the pending 500m bill to rise above it (or just attempt to sell your majority stake after) like Boston.
Or you could just use the draft and the G-League as a tool for player development to help fill out the bench with those types of players, which is exactly what Denver is trying to do even if they’re failing at it. If you can’t pay the luxury tax bill, then that’s the next best option.

The main problem with that is a lot of these days are shytty at player development, which I have said many times before. Another problem is team some of those contenders like Milwaukee mortgaged up all of their picks in the future even before the new CBA came into play.