Report: Nuggets front office and Mike Malone do not see eye to eye on direction of Franchise

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
or don't pay him at all, but would they still have a ring? Not sure.

Even now, MPJ gave em 19/6/7 on great shooting (sucked in the playoffs and can't play D for shyt). He just isn't worth the max, but that's the NBA, where players don't negotiate. They choose. Offensive MPJ in this NBA doesn't settle for less than max.
i mean if the approach is to be passive and reactive then yeah you can't be surprised when you get walked into this kind of situation

ijs boston was okay moving off of smart before jrue even became available. no one is calling porter the spirit of their team, just a big salary number

and nothing about denver's way forward says they plans beyond hoping guys take off beside jokic - when if anything, playing with jokic is why most of their players look as good as they do to begin with

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
^I was just about to say (and have said before) that this is an underlining issue. Not just Porter either, in truth they have 3 guys getting 200m max deals, but only 1 plays like a max guy consistently. The other is injured/hobbled half the time, and the 3rd guy goes from super sayian Gerald Green to regular ol Gerald Green.

I get the perspectives of both Malone and Booth but ultimately if you're paying your top 3 guys max money but still need multiple luxury brand role players (aside from Gordon) to compensate for 2 of your 3 max guys not really being max guys... that's tough luck.
They don’t even need luxury brand role players. They just need guys off the bench that can soak up minutes and help keep them afloat when Jokic isn’t on the floor.

That’s been their biggest achilles heel these past few year. Jeff Green wasn’t a luxury brand role player.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not nearly the same thing. Denver has been trading picks to get guys that help them now. The bulk of their young guys are upperclassman in the late first/2nd round. They didn't pass up a 4th max guy to keep these other players. The only argument is really that Kroenke shoulda went full Ishbia and lived in the 2nd apron forever and scooped up every washed minimum guy to join DeAndre Jordan. Booth's doing the right thing. Malone just doesn't wanna deal with the pains of developing guys even though that's always part of the process for any team.
*guys they think can help them now, those 5th year seniors they drafted last year weren't ready to contribute anything for them last year

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Yea ur team is lead by a fat, unathletic cracca.
Y'all stole a chip. Get out now

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
i mean if the approach is to be passive and reactive then yeah you can't be surprised when you get walked into this kind of situation

ijs boston was okay moving off of smart before jrue even became available. no one is calling porter the spirit of their team, just a big salary number

and nothing about denver's way forward says they plans beyond hoping guys take off beside jokic - when if anything, playing with jokic is why most of their players look as good as they do to begin with
it's not about being passive. It's believing your young ass investment has room to grow as a player.

Boston traded Smart because they felt they had to get to that next level and he was there for 9 years. Boston got to where they are due in part to the continuity they had. Now, what you said in bold is key: so knowing that, cutting corners on the margins is supposed to produce similar results since Jokic enhances everyone around him. at least the hope is 1-2 of those young guys can benefit.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is unacceptable and straight up malpractice to be pinching pennies and focusing on the future when you have a championship caliber roster. Let a player say he isn't giving his all because he is focused on his future, people would kill him. People let owners skate with this kinda BS all the time.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
It is unacceptable and straight up malpractice to be pinching pennies and focusing on the future when you have a championship caliber roster. Let a player say he isn't giving his all because he is focused on his future, people would kill him. People let owners skate with this kinda BS all the time.
The owners must love this CBA man. I’ve been arguing with other nuggets fans all offseason about whether or not they should’ve re-signed KCP. I don’t think the second apron is a huge deal, and not worth losing a key player for but other fans are like “but but but we couldn’t combine salaries”. Like who are we gonna get that’s better than KCP for Zeke nnaji plus hunter tyson? Fans out here defending ownership cheapness.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Denver won their title, now they gonna try and collect checks and waste Jokic's career.