Report: Breitbart, Trump Campaign Pushed Bernie Sanders Activist to Tell Black Voters to Stay Home

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Inside the Pro-Trump Effort to Keep Black Voters From the Polls
Breitbart staffer recruited Sanders activist Bruce Carter to get African Americans to support the Republican—or stay home.
By
Lauren Etter
and
Michael Riley
May 29, 2018, 4:00 AM EDT
800x-1.jpg

Bruce Carter

PHOTOGRAPHER: MELISSA GOLDEN FOR BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK
Breitbart News landed an election scoop that went viral in August 2016: “Exclusive: ‘Black Men for Bernie’ Founder to End Democrat ‘Political Slavery’ of Minority Voters… by Campaigning for Trump.”

If the splashy, counterintuitive story, which circulated on such conservative websites as Truthfeed and Infowars, wasn't exactly fake news, it was carefully orchestrated.

The story’s writer—an employee of the conservative website run by Steve Bannon before he took over Donald Trump’s campaign—spent weeks courting activist Bruce Carter to join Trump’s cause. He approached Carter under the guise of interviewing him. The writer eventually dropped the pretense altogether, signing Carter up for a 10-week blitz aimed at convincing black voters in key states to support the Republican real estate mogul, or simply sit out the election. Trump’s narrow path to victory tightened further if Hillary Clinton could attract a Barack Obama-level turnout.

Bannon’s deployment of the psychological-operations firm Cambridge Analytica in the 2016 campaign drew fresh attention this month, when a former Cambridge employee told a U.S. Senate panel that Bannon tried to use the company to suppress the black vote in key states. Carter’s story shows for the first time how an employee at Bannon’s former news site worked as an off-the-books political operative in the service of a similar goal.

Carter’s recollections and correspondence, which he shared after a falling-out with his fellow Trump supporters, provide a rare look inside the no-holds-barred nature of the Republican’s campaign and how it explored new ways to achieve an age-old political aim: getting the right voters to the polls—and keeping the wrong ones away.

“If you can’t stomach Trump, just don’t vote for the other people and don’t vote at all,” Carter, 47, recalls telling black voters. It’s the message he says the Trump campaign wanted him to deliver. “That’s what they wanted, that’s what they got.”

read more Inside the Pro-Trump Effort to Keep Black Voters From the Polls

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
say i'm a property investor and i look like i'm living large and you ask what i'm doing to make my money and say i buy houses, fix them up and either rent or flip depending on the situation, but i wouldn't do that if i were you because there is no money in this. wouldn't you think i'm just trying to make sure no one else moves in on my hustle? that's how i feel about white people (and c00ns) trying to convince black people voting is a waste of time while they sure as hell vote.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
So did he actually work for the Sanders campaign or was he just a c00n using black people to surpress the vote for Trump?

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
I agree with you 100%, Dead. If these stupid people would just stop voting we could get back to a time when every black person had a job. What a time that was. There was ZERO unemployment in the black community. And the best part of it all is you didn't have to have a $100k degree from some worthless university to be employed. You were born with a job in mind for you. Stop voting people, it is literally keeping you from being employed.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So did he actually work for the Sanders campaign or was he just a c00n using black people to surpress the vote for Trump?
am i supposed to care what one c00n does? he doesn't represent sanders or his supporters even a little bit :comeon:

but some c00n who willingly votes for the clintons, even though they locked up millions of black males, isn't a problem at all

:laff:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'm for real though :pachaha:

Was he like Killer Mike and Nina Turner? I've never heard of him till this article.
Yes, he even has a video with Nina turner. Watch his videos. He was riding hard for Bernie. Legitimately.

He somehow allowed Breitbart/Trump campaign to convince him to give it all up and bust it wide open for racists. :mjlol:

@I_Got_Da_Burna (@LICE) he was in your hood!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
I agree with you 100%, Dead. If these stupid people would just stop voting we could back to a time when every black person had a job. What a time that was. There was ZERO unemployment in the black community. And the best part of it all is you didn't have to have a $100k degree from some worthless university to be employed. You were born with a job in mind for you. Stop voting people, it is literally keeping you from being employed.

You forgot the unnecessary overuse of smilies.