Reparations

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
The Atlantic calculated the amount of wealth earned by slaves and how much that would be worth today. Prevailing labor wage * hours worked * number of slaves + an interest rate of 10%. The total was 2 trillion dollars.

2 trillion dollars worth of wealth just lost to whoever is a tragedy.

Had a professor that studied legal history and black studies. Reparations is a tough sell for a few reasons.
1. Slavery was legal at the time and therefore no law was violated by the government or anyone else that held or benefited from slavery. Bullshyt but that's the legal hurdle.
2. Reparations coming from the American government would actually come based on the periods after slavery. And this is where it gets hard. The benchmark would be proving that the United States government did not protect its citizens and aided in their exploitation and harm. This would be considered a civil rights violation. The problem is that you're talking about 150+ years of incidents that would have to be proven and given a cost.

As far as precedents go, we barely had a case with Tulsa. Years of delays, I think only a handful of the survivors were alive for a verdict. Money comes years after that IF there aren't any appeals.

I can find sources for this stuff if anybody is interested.

Truth is its just too big of an issue to tackle, not like we'd get a fair shot at anything anyways. Is it owed? Absolutely. Will we ever see it? No. How would it even be distributed? Who would even pay? We pay taxes, would we be paying ourselves? What dollar amount could you even place on a single lynching? There is no amount of money enough for the things done.

Your professor was a fool. The rounding up and eventual extermination of j3ws was "legal" according to Nazi law at the time so the legality of inhumane and inappropriate practices is of no concern in gauging wether reparations are a proper recourse for specific actions.

The only reason we will never see it is because we have a large number of decendants of slaves who are not willing to fight for this cause.............

you should be ashamed of everything you wrote here "Will we ever see it? No. How would it even be distributed? Who would even pay? We pay taxes, would we be paying ourselves? What dollar amount could you even place on a single lynching? There is no amount of money enough for the things done"

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
No...the Chinese come here and become millionaires.

If you can't make it now, you can never make it

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
No...the Chinese come here and become millionaires.
If you can't make it now, you can never make it

Do you think the Chinese's American experience was as equal in negativty to that of the African Slave?

And what does if you cant make it now, you can never make it have to do with being paid what you are owed?

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
If American Indians dont have to pay taxes...blah, blah.....we shouldnt either

I mean damn....at least the Indians still know their culture.....the only thing I know is im from Florida...aint that a bytch

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
If American Indians dont have to pay taxes...blah, blah.....we shouldnt either

I mean damn....at least the Indians still know their culture.....the only thing I know is im from Florida...aint that a bytch
you are free to go back to Africa

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Do you think the Chinese's American experience was as equal in negativty to that of the African Slave?

And what does if you cant make it now, you can never make it have to do with being paid what you are owed?
The white man doesn't feel sorry or give a fukk about your sob story playboi, I found that a long time ago.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
The white man doesn't feel sorry or give a fukk about your sob story playboi, I found that a long time ago.

i didnt ask you to tell me what the white man feels, i asked you tell me what you feel.

Thats the problem with most of you monkeys.............youve been so well trained you know how to feel what the white man feels better then you know how to feel what you feel yourself

Daps
Reppin
London
All descendents of the slaves transported during the Transatlantic slave trade (Caribbean, North American and South American) should be entitled to reparations in some way shape or form. The time that our ancestors spent as slaves was time that others where able to use to build dynasties and amass fortunes. That was years of free labour and not a penny to show for any of it.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
aggressive ignorance from the usual suspects in this thread...

the problem here for the anti-reparations crowd is that 40 acres and a mule was an unfulfilled promise made by our govt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol im a grown ass man out here tryna get it

i dont look for hand outs

You're a dumb nikka. Look up the word reparations, study its meaning, understand its application, and realize that it isn't a handout. It is a reparative response to past wrongs.

As for the question, YES, reparations are long overdue. But cacs will cac, and we won't get shyt until we take it from them by force. That's why these cacs are so pro-gun. It's because they know a slave rebellion (yes, we are still slaves) is on the horizon.