Remember when Chris Tucker used to be funny?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Tucker was more of Eddie Murphy than Eddie Griffin. Meaning, the standup<<<<<<<<<<<movies.
But Eddie was recognized as top 3 at worst when he made that pivot and had multiple legendary stand ups.
I don't remember anybody ever saying Tucker was on that level stand up wise. I'm searching for his stand up specials and can't even find any until the Netflix one which would basically answer my question

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
He got older and more mature. He started taking his reglion more serious i can't knock dude.
he cant be Smoke-dogg and blaze a joint because of God, but he can be a homosexual alien with a kreme-horn haircut in the fifth element? :mjtf:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
:unimpressed: Him still refusing to reprise the Smokey role is wild. WTF else he got going on?
are-you-serious-721d2728ff.jpg

Daps
The hunger he had coming up in the industry was GONE once he made it to the top and :eat: well from the original Rush Hour.
Yup.

No one really wants to be doing stand-up in their 50s unless they're Chapelle, Pryor, Murphy, Hart etc., level and can sellout arenas and stadiums. It's a hard life and a grind.

If any of us got $100M to do our current jobs for a few more years....we'd all quit and retire after.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Its been about 30 years if we're keeping it a stack. He pulled a mini Eddie Murphy except when Eddie "retired"(artistically/creatively) he left us with a decent amount of classic stuff. Chris did 5 movies and ain't looked byke since.