Remember when buying games was an actual feat & accomplishment

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
yall remember buying strategy guides for your new game, bringing that shyt with you wherever you went, reading it in the car etc. Taking a shyt and reading the ocarina of time strategy guide was peak gaming :wow:the final fantasy strategy guides were fire too.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
yall remember buying strategy guides for your new game, bringing that shyt with you wherever you went, reading it in the car etc. Taking a shyt and reading the ocarina of time strategy guide was peak gaming :wow:the final fantasy strategy guides were fire too.

the Brady games FF7 one had so much misinformation, still got it somewhere I think.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Reading the instruction guide out the box to get a hint of what the game might offer. :wow:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
the Brady games FF7 one had so much misinformation, still got it somewhere I think.
i actually don't think I ever got the 7 strategy guide. I did have the brady games FFIX one

4a681cc5-88f2-44e6-9b3e-447b65af99e6.8b55efad6320a0283f6dfcc8d638b52a.jpeg

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Gaming magazines was crack back then because it was the only access to info. I didn't get the internet till 99/00'. I remember being excited when mom wanted to go to mall so I could go to Walden Books. I'd try to skim thru all the video game and wrestling mags before she wanted to leave.:wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gaming magazines was crack back then because it was the only access to info. I didn't get the internet till 99/00'. I remember being excited when mom wanted to go to mall so I could go to Walden Books. I'd try to skim thru all the video game and wrestling mags before she wanted to leave.:wow:
Yup same here.

Anytime moms went to the store I was there in the magazine section reading the gaming mags from front to back soaking up all the Information

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
or you could put a pre payment down at Toys R Us and reserve your copy :gucci:

I want to say it was like $20 or so down and it would hold your copy and the rest due when the game came out :gucci: was yall not doing this :gucci:

Daps
Going to GameStop or eb games back in the day and just picking up new shyt you never heard of was just different. The ps2 era sold you on the game covers alone sometimes. A lot of them games had little to no marketing and were bangers. You could spend an hour in the game store back then looking at shyt, asking for recommendations. That was back when GameStop employees actually played games…. Those days are long gone

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Nah couldn’t afford them but I do remember running to the electronics section, in Walmart, and just writing down cheat codes for games I was playing.

first time I saw the super Sonic code for sonic 2, used it, and it worked :wow: :blessed:

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I remember being excited for the “midnight releases”. I’d look forward to that. Last game I did that for was MGSV:wow:

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I had the cartridge that inserted into the back of the ps1 and had the spring that kept the disk spinning so once the system booted, you could swap out and play burned games and imports as well.

I think it even had a hex editor to enter codes :wow:

remember playing all the import dbz games before they even made games for Americans :blessed:

My pops let me import DBZ legends with the spring setup and kids at school thought I was lying or thought I was talking about GT until I let a couple friends come over :wow: