Remember when buying games was an actual feat & accomplishment

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yep, when i was a kid. you got the game the console came with , and maybe 1 or 2 other games and that was it. You had to borrow and trade with your friends for different shyt.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Buying games ? Breh what you know about renting a game from video giant and then using a blow dryer so you could peel the sticker off and swap it out:wow:. I know I got people like that and I got got like that plenty of times growing up.

Never forget I rented Primal Rage...that shyt was NEVER IN. Fired it up and super mario world came on:wow:. I couldn't even be mad cause I was a veteran of the shyt myself:wow:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Not always:francis:

Spider-Man_and_the_X-Men_-_Arcade%27s_Revenge_Coverart.png

That games music is shockingly impressive

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Funny in the sense that you probably have to be really old school to understand.

My generation, chipped PlayStations were the thing. So from my perspective it is more difficult for this generation as they have to actually pay for shyt.

Razor Raheem J.A.C.

Wildest in Da West!
Daps
Reppin
Inglewood,CA
A lot of friends don’t even have most of the games they bought in their lives. They have traded in or sold systems and games, but I always thought this stuff was expensive and I got systems and games from Ps1-PS5 and Xbox’s all of that, so imma save all of it and maybe give it to my grandkids to have something to remember me by that’s how I think!

Zime

Superstar
Daps
First console I’ve ever owned was the PS1 which my mom bought me. First games I ever owned were Spyro 1, Driver 1 and FIFA 2000

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Back when nikkas was LIVING through the demo machines at the stores and the magazine demo discs. My folks had enough to get me most games I wanted for my bday and Christmas (bday in October, so I doubled up at that :smugfavre:)
During most of the year, soon as we walk through the door, idc who I was with, could’ve been Jesus, I’d be like “I’ll be in the game section, come there when it’s time to leave :unimpressed:

my mom always got me the mags every month once I let her know about the demo discs cause she could basically get me a few games in one go, it was a win win basically. I’d also read the hell out of them shyts too, made me like 3 grades above reading level.

it’s nice to reminisce about those days, it’s really crazy how interactive the experience of gaming used to be overall, but I do appreciate the download and go ease of purchasing today tho.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still remember a day when I was probably 4 when my dad took me and my two sisters out to the mall. It was so that we could find Super Mario Bros 3 which my sisters had been asking for since it released. We couldn't find it ANYWHERE and then happened upon a copy at Wal Mart after giving up at the mall. I was just along for the ride because my dad had promised a new TMNT action figure for me.

Late 80's babies. We had the GOAT childhood :banderas:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Funny in the sense that you probably have to be really old school to understand.

My generation, chipped PlayStations were the thing. So from my perspective it is more difficult for this generation as they have to actually pay for shyt.
Good point. My uncle hooked up my Xbox and got me so many free games to play, my cousin ruined it tho when he got too excited to play one of the gears games. I asked him did that come out yet:hamster:, he said yeah so I trusted him. next thing I know 30 min in Xbox shut our live accounts:mjcry: down and when we told his dad he laughed and said that’s what our dumbasses get.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
You made a big achievement and got the console but now what.. Unless you had rich folks trying to scrounge up, save, or get money to get that hot new title on cartridge or physical disk story onto itself back in the day. No game sales, no online digital downloads, no nothing. If you weren't that guy then you knew definitely knew somebody in the neighborhood who had all the games and they acted like kings:whew:

Its another reason why the games were complete and ready to ship back then without any patches, updates, or downloadable content. I tell ya brehs, that was a different era. Gettin' games nowadays is nothing but a finger snap away:wow:
That’s a lie if you think those games didn’t have bugs. They use to release some unfinished trash back in the day too.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

I had the cartridge that inserted into the back of the ps1 and had the spring that kept the disk spinning so once the system booted, you could swap out and play burned games and imports as well.

I think it even had a hex editor to enter codes :wow:

remember playing all the import dbz games before they even made games for Americans :blessed: