Remember when buying games was an actual feat & accomplishment

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember when I was in middle school I wanted Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube bad as hell. I was fiending for that shyt after playing the demo. I used to get $10 every couple of weeks to get a haircut from my dad so one week I decided to not get a haircut and instead have my brother cut my hair with clippers we had in the house.

Dude gave me a fukked up haircut. I had one side of my head with more hair than the other and my line up wasn't sharp. I went to Gamestop with a bunch of old games to trade in with that $10 and bought me VJ. Man I was on cloud 9 but I still got in trouble later that day when my Mom saw my shyt.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
once knew this kid had about this many NES games in his room stacked like this in the late 80's :picard: I will never forget that shyt........ :wow:

098azyg3trc11.jpg

Damn, he got all the "Nintendo Tapes" :pachaha:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You made a big achievement and got the console but now what.. Unless you had rich folks trying to scrounge up, save, or get money to get that hot new title on cartridge or physical disk story onto itself back in the day. No game sales, no online digital downloads, no nothing. If you weren't that guy then you knew definitely knew somebody in the neighborhood who had all the games and they acted like kings:whew:

Its another reason why the games were complete and ready to ship back then without any patches, updates, or downloadable content. I tell ya brehs, that was a different era. Gettin' games nowadays is nothing but a finger snap away:wow:

I also remember trading games with friends. that was how u could play games without having to save up.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Remember renting games based on the cover art, only to find out it was trash :mjcry: but having no choice but to play that bullshyt all weekend anyway and still having fun :mjgrin:

what's worse is buying a game off the strength of the cover and then ur forced to play that bullshyt and pretend to enjoy it indefinitely.