Remember when buying games was an actual feat & accomplishment

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
You made a big achievement and got the console but now what.. Unless you had rich folks trying to scrounge up, save, or get money to get that hot new title on cartridge or physical disk story onto itself back in the day. No game sales, no online digital downloads, no nothing. If you weren't that guy then you knew definitely knew somebody in the neighborhood who had all the games and they acted like kings:whew:

Its another reason why the games were complete and ready to ship back then without any patches, updates, or downloadable content. I tell ya brehs, that was a different era. Gettin' games nowadays is nothing but a finger snap away:wow:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
once knew this kid had about this many NES games in his room stacked like this in the late 80's :picard: I will never forget that shyt........ :wow:

098azyg3trc11.jpg

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
We ain’t have alot of money, but I was a Pokémon fan…my fat ass Brought a King sized Twix candy bar to school one day and pulled it out in Gym class…

my sisters Homegirl saw it and said she’d Trade me a Game she stole from her cousin for my candy bar…

I asked her to show me the game and it was Pokemon crystal for the Gameboy color…

Probably The best video game deal I ever made in my life.

:blessed:

I still think about that shyt from tint to time…

she a crackhead now, I need to check and see if she still selling games…

:ohhh::patrice:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
We ain’t have alot of money, but I was a Pokémon fan…my fat ass Brought a King sized Twix candy bar to school one day and pulled it out in Gym class…

my sisters Homegirl saw it and said she’d Trade me a Game she stole from her cousin for my candy bar…

I asked her to show me the game and it was Pokemon crystal for the Gameboy color…

WeightyUnripeBarasingha-size_restricted.gif

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

:dead: at the evolution into an actual crackhead

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
yep all my money from doing the paperround went on buying games, I would get paid on Sundays and go straight to Blockbusters :mjlol:

rent the game finish it that week and return it :win:

I remember my parents never let me get GTA as it was 18+ and had a bad reputation, everyone had Vice City. I had to buy my friend's scratched disc as his older bro bought them another one. Couldnt get passed certain missions as the game was fukked due to the scratches :mjcry:. Finally i put in a plan to borrow another disc off someone else and i swapped the discs :mjpls:, he never said anything about his game suddenly not working properly :lolbron:

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember once stealing my mum’s credit card to buy a game. When they saw my name wasnt on the card as it was a female name and i was clearly under 18, they called her and she told them not sell me anything. :mjlol:

The first game I bought wit my own money was max Payne 1 on the pc.