Remedy Games calls out Series S as being a major development hinderance

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:dead: holding what back, console games are played on significantly worse devices steam deck/ rog ally. You nikkas just be saying anything. It's a low powered device. Soon the switch 2 will be even weaker and will have these games :dead:
I separate consoles and PC. The pc world is just a different animal. Yeah, it's a lower powered device, but it's too lower powered. The parity shyt was a mistake. GPU and CPU limitations mean they have to handicap the Series X version or take out good features.

Also, I'm of the opinion that nintendo doesn't count. They always have lower specced shyt. Their games don't need the power, but I'll admit extra power makes them better. I play my switch games on pc via emulation. Super ultrawide at 1440p at 60fps. Nintendo is nintendo though. They aren't fukking with Sony or MS with this graphics shyt. They are their own beast. :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I mean, this generation MS lost. It is what it is, and I'm a MS stan being a pc gamer and all that. They just gotta chalk it up to bad decision making with the Series S and basically no games except Starfield. Redfall :camby:

I want MS to succeed, but they ain't doing that shyt with a series s in the mix :yeshrug:

Edit: and what a fail with BG3 :dead: That shyt shoulda been day 1 on the xbox, but console parity and all that :dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I separate consoles and PC. The pc world is just a different animal. Yeah, it's a lower powered device, but it's too lower powered. The parity shyt was a mistake. GPU and CPU limitations mean they have to handicap the Series X version or take out good features.

Also, I'm of the opinion that nintendo doesn't count. They always have lower specced shyt. Their games don't need the power, but I'll admit extra power makes them better. I play my switch games on pc via emulation. Super ultrawide at 1440p at 60fps. Nintendo is nintendo though. They aren't fukking with Sony or MS with this graphics shyt. They are their own beast. :yeshrug:
There is no “parity shyt” that was made up by people on the internet.

There are no CPU limits.

GPU limits can be addressed with lowering resolution.

I mean, this generation MS lost. It is what it is, and I'm a MS stan being a pc gamer and all that. They just gotta chalk it up to bad decision making with the Series S and basically no games except Starfield. Redfall :camby:

I want MS to succeed, but they ain't doing that shyt with a series s in the mix :yeshrug:

Edit: and what a fail with BG3 :dead: That shyt shoulda been day 1 on the xbox, but console parity and all that :dead:
Ima say there’s a lot of misinformation going around.

The BG3 situation was again, people on the internet drawing conclusions without full info,

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There is no “parity shyt” that was made up by people on the internet.

There are no CPU limits.

GPU limits can be addressed with lowering resolution.
I dunno. Aren't devs saying there are CPU limitations? Maybe I'm misremembering. The S is holding back games. Too many devs are saying this for it to be cast aside

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Looks at thread title and then looks at BG3 :francis:

Edit: I get what you mean, it's memory that is the issue. I stand corrected
Thread title is untrue.

BG3 is a unique situation.

Larion released the game on different platforms at different times. All of them could have used more time in the oven. They claimed the series s/X version was done a long time ago, and they still haven’t released it.

People used that situation to attack the series S. But every single other game has come out and performed just fine on the S.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Thread title is untrue.

BG3 is a unique situation.

Larion released the game on different platforms at different times. All of them could have used more time in the oven. They claimed the series s/X version was done a long time ago, and they still haven’t released it.

People used that situation to attack the series S. But every single other game has come out and performed just fine on the S.
Except this game too though.

Let's keep it real. If it wasn't for the S version, Larian woulda released BG3 at the same time as the PS5 version. That's a huge L for MS. The game is tied for the best reviewed game of the year. Making people buy it on PS5 (I'm not counting PC), is a loss for MS. If it wasn't for the S, that shyt would likely been released at the same time

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
And this is why @Gizmo_Duck does what he does.

To people not invested like @Ciggavelli a couple thread titles and misleading information can shape opinions.

These dudes go out of their way, spending hours every day to spread lies and misinformation.

Despicable behavior :smh:
You're right, I'm not invested like that. I want MS to succeed. I like the way MS does shyt with PC releases on day 1. Sony is with the bullshyt. It just seems like the S is holding things back a bit, which makes logical sense to me. It's a lower powered device. I just wish it wasn't hindering Series X games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Except this game too though.
This dev said the game will look and run just fine on series S. All he said was that they had to “work hard” to get there.
Let's keep it real. If it wasn't for the S version, Larian woulda released BG3 at the same time as the PS5 version.

That's a huge L for MS. The game is tied for the best reviewed game of the year. Making people buy it on PS5 (I'm not counting PC), is a loss for MS. If it wasn't for the S, that shyt would likely been released at the same time
This isn’t true. Again they said the xbox version was done. The only thing they were waiting for was co-op on series S.

Co-op is still broken on every platform the game is out on, and co-op was dropped from the series S version.

Why isn’t the game out yet then??

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This dev said the game will look and run just fine on series S. All he said was that they had to “work hard” to get there.

This isn’t true. Again they said the xbox version was done. The only thing they were waiting for was co-op on series S.

Co-op is still broken on every platform the game is out on, and co-op was dropped from the series S version.

Why isn’t the game out yet then??
Exactly my point. It woulda released on XSX at the same time as the PS5 version. Then people coulda got it on their preferred system instead of buying it on ps5 or waiting months. I agree, why hasn’t it been released yet on Xbox?

While I don’t agree, people are claiming BG3 is a generation defining game. It shoulda been out on Xbox the same times as Sony. It’s an L. It is what it is.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Exactly my point. It woulda released on XSX at the same time as the PS5 version. Then people coulda got it on their preferred system instead of buying it on ps5 or waiting months. I agree, why hasn’t it been released yet on Xbox?

While I don’t agree, people are claiming BG3 is a generation defining game. It shoulda been out on Xbox the same times as Sony. It’s an L. It is what it is.

They are gonna juelz and deflect but its becoming such a reoccurring theme its impossible to ignore at this point. Listen to the way the guy had to respond to the question…

“Hmmm how do I say it I love Xbox I love PlayStation…hmmm jezzz…let me just say”

He tried so badly to explain it in a way that didn’t make xbox stans mad just like other developers ahve to walk on eggshells discussing the series s. Meach and Titan are gonna run interference but there’s a reason Larian is already talking about a physical edition BG3 for playstation and releasing one in Japan and haven’t commented on the xbox version