Remedy Games calls out Series S as being a major development hinderance

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think it does hold back because it's wasted resources trying to figure out optimization to make series s at a serviceable level. Unsure if we can blame series S, but Forza having delayed features could've been a result of series s because resources could've been made to have those features at launch. Plus, we have the whole BG3 situation, and is only year 3 of the console. I think some of the stuff is a bit overblown because devs had made it work, but I worry for that console once we hit year 5 of the console gen.
Lotta “thinks” and “could have’s” here trying to mold reality into your opinion.

We have real world results and you guys keep bringing up BG3 when those devs directly said series s isn’t holding anything back.

This is just some of you who have convinced yourself of something and don’t wanna let it go :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Whether it’s with proof or not, it’s always for some console wars shyt that you always act like you’re above, just run with it breh, everyone already knows :mjlol:
Never said i wasn’t stanning, that’s the only reason any of us are still here. :mjlol:

I just do it without making up lies and i’m always right in the end :manny:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Lotta “thinks” and “could have’s” here trying to mold reality into your opinion.

We have real world results and you guys keep bringing up BG3 when those devs directly said series s isn’t holding anything back.

This is just some of you who have convinced yourself of something and don’t wanna let it go :manny:
That's fair that we don't have many cases of it holding the gen back. However, there are some concern later in the gen, but that might be remedied with Switch 2. I feel third party devs will put efforts toward switch 2 and it's large install base, which will help alleviate some of the series s concerns.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Like I always said, Series S was the dumb thing they came up with. Should have followed what PS5 did, digital console and disc console with the same exact specs.
I was about to post something like this. If they went with this route instead, they wouldn't be either missing out on a lot of games or not having to wait months or years later to get certain games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was about to post something like this. If they went with this route instead, they wouldn't be either missing out on a lot of games or not having to wait months or years later to get certain games.

Yeah, I’ve always said from the beginning once we get to the mid generation cycle that the series s is gonna start having a lot of problems keeping up. Even new games on the ps5 and series x are struggling now.