Remarkable: in the first half of 2024, Boston has only 3 homicides. true black mecca (28%)

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
iu

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
It's almost like when people have livable wages, great education, and a robust healthcare system, violence declines

Which factor is working? Cause last I heard Boston had poor people too.

Iirc, Black wealth in Boston was negative or close to it

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Romney care is as close to universal health care as Americans can get. It was the basis for Obama care

Bostonians have basically had universal health care since 2006
This this this. Don't know how it ties into the numbers of this thread, but bare people around the country don't know about the 06 Mass health care reform. People in different parts of this country are leading wildly different lives :francis:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You can never be a black mecca when the median ADOS family has a net worth of $8

:huhldup:

It's bad but not as bad as they say, because
But a closer look at the Fed study shows the net worth of Black families in Greater Boston is more nuanced.

For one, it wasn’t based on all Black households — but specifically non-immigrant Black families. The same study also looked at several other ethnic groups and found Black Caribbean families had a median net worth of $12,000 — a number that is possibly within the margin of error of both groups.

Another caveat is the relatively small sample size. Researchers only surveyed 71 U.S. Black families. That means the $8 dollar estimate could actually be thousands of dollars higher —or lower.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The news story alludes to cops/legal system dropping the hammer directly on the people and organizations responsible for most of the violence and deaths.

I'm guessing that they've had takedowns and rico cases to get those lowlifes off the street. And since people are pointing to support systems (education, health, employment) being in place, judges didn't want to hear excuses about why the lowlifes chose a life of crime and threw the book at them. As they should.
In any area, it's a tiny amount of people responsible for the crime and violence. They need to be put away, fukk the excuses.