relationships are a pain man....like am i wrong here?!!

wenndigo

Rookie
Daps
Earlier this year, I went to x place with my girl. Spent like 5 days, super nice high rise hotel, then two overseas country halfway through the year...for close to a week.... she constantly complains about me not courting her. We live together. Our last date was a month ago. In between thanks giving holiday, also I traveled to South Florida myself n she goes to vegas and now wants to do a trip or road trip which I honestly don't care to do. All my vacation days have been spent traveling, I just want to freaking chill.

Like damn, its like women keep watching these social media sheet n think life should be some fairy tale romance movies daily, dates weekly blah blah. I am perfectly fine just chillin at the house. I have always been this way. F

Like I am the easiest guy to date because I am mad laid back and let things work itself out (lol she complains about that too). Now she is talking about trouble in paradise.

lol am I wrong here? Also valentines day and her birthday, I went big for her. It's like all that is out of the window.
Some women want life to look like a fairytale movie with constant dates and attention. Others can just chill at home on the couch for months. Take the L for having the former.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
A date one month ago, sounds wild. I make sure to “date” my close friends at least weekly, even if it’s just lunch or literally one hour at happy hour.

It’s 52 weeks in a year, you say you spent 1 week, which is less than 2%, and that was earlier this year and it’s December.

Y’all don’t appear to be on the same page.
They live together …

you can spend time together in the house too …

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Its a bad match. This individual woman is too high maintenance for you.

Id compare it to a bmw owner complaining about all the random parts breaking, or niche oil requirements, or expensive service visits , when that owner only wants to put gas in the car and go. Rather than being frustrated with the bmw, the owner should pursue a low maintenance vehicle like a camry and be happy.

You need to find yourself a female equivalent of a camry breh.
IS that really the problem though? Because the more I read the more it sounds like a 2022 X3 owner complaining about how his 2015 328i requires more care and maintenance than his new whip. He seems to only want to take the X3 in for 1-and-done servicing (ala expensive 5 day vacations) meanwhile the 328i requires more nuanced maintainece or care (or in this case, something more niche and involved, like a roadtrip).

At the end of the day, not all women are focused on doing things solely for social media. Matter of fact, if OP's girl was some lame broad living to impress IG I'm sure those overseas trips would've been more than enough. But in this instance it seems like she's asking for quality time and thoughtful experiences rather than some "Instagramable" bullshyt. I mean hell, she's asking to be 'courted' and to go on a road trip. The latter thing is something that's actually pretty uncomfortable and gross but DOES offer lots of 1-on-1 bonding time.

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
I brought up us potentially ending things this morning and she got very emotional cried and said she is not ready to give up on us

Translation: she hasn't set up her new situation yet and she'll be damned if she lets YOU be the one to initiate the breakup.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
going to therapy because your relationship stinks before you are even married hell na bush that shyt bro:camby:

she not even wrong for wanting what she wants per se but if she was smart she would end it and find someone who can fill her needs instead of dragging this out of the sunk cost fallacy.

yall both finna be miserable and she wont ever forgive you for *her* not being able to say NO to yo azz. even tho you told her over and over again what time it was and she stayed on board anyway. tale as old as time