Rel Cancelled By Fox

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
rel is the most unfunny comedian I ever seen, not sure if hes a comedian or not but hes not funny in the Carmichael show or in Get Out
This was his first major onscreen bomb to me, but it was all time bad :scust:. Everything from the script, to the cinematography, to the co stars (sans Sinbad) , to the multiple characters was absolutely terrible.

He's a decent comic and does good (Carmichael Show) to great (Get Out) as a sidekick who makes a quick joke and gets out of the way, but he's not cut out to be a lead (yet, if ever).

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
That carmichael dude is trash. Rel has his moments but this show was just more trash from the clips i saw

Jerrod was the worst part of his own show by a long shot. Even his girlfriend on the show was tolerable sometimes.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I liked the show, it wasn't anything super funny though.

but I stopped getting invested in major network black sitcoms for a minute. And don't get me started on shows on Fox period.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I only watched the pilot and wasn't into it. Dude is funny, more in a regular funny dude kind of way instead of as a comedian. I'm just not into his characters, I don't know why dude is always playing a loser while wearing the freshest gear.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Damn, sucks they didn't give him a chance.

The show picked up towards the end of the series imo.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I watched the entire season and it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be (went in with really low expectations). some of Rel's characters were ok and I mainly watched for Sinbad. after those two things nothing else about the show was funny at all.....but Last OG is even worse if you ask me. now that show is straight trash particularly for the cast it has.
Last OG season 1 was cool to me but this new season is shyt. Tiffany Haddish might be really overrated and I find it to be even worse then Rel. I would be surprised if they get a season 3.

Tracy Morgan is not funny.
He was hilarious on the Tracy Morgan show.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
So I watched one and a half episodes without reading any comments in here. 1st, I hate shows with laugh tracks, especially unnatural sounding laugh tracks. 2nd, I dig Rel, but this show was simply not funny. The biggest laughs came from DC Youngfly roasting Rel on the bus. Sinbad was funny too, but wow, I could not get through the rest of that second episode. I saw Jess Hilarious at a comedy show and she was funny as shyt, but this overall format didn’t really do anyone any favors. Rel attempting to play different characters like Martin used to was 🤢🤢 as well. I feel like I was almost forcing myself to attempt to laugh outside of what a mentioned. It makes sense that this only lasted 1 season.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So I watched one and a half episodes without reading any comments in here. 1st, I hate shows with laugh tracks, especially unnatural sounding laugh tracks. 2nd, I dig Rel, but this show was simply not funny. The biggest laughs came from DC Youngfly roasting Rel on the bus. Sinbad was funny too, but wow, I could not get through the rest of that second episode. I saw Jess Hilarious at a comedy show and she was funny as shyt, but this overall format didn’t really do anyone any favors. Rel attempting to play different characters like Martin used to was 🤢🤢 as well. I feel like I was almost forcing myself to attempt to laugh outside of what a mentioned. It makes sense that this only lasted 1 season.
The 1st episode, Sinbad, and the laundry room/gang episode were the only good things. The problem with people trying to do the multiple characters like Martin, is that they don't make any of the characters unique. Otis, Jerome, Dragonfly Jones, Mama Payne, Sheneneh, Elroy Preston & Bob were all completely different characters.