Reggie Jackson talks about Jim Crow & returning to Rickwood Field

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
That's why the whole "Blacks don't want to play" thing is outright false. Puerto Ricans loved baseball to....until they too were subject to the draft rules. Baseball ignored Black players, picking from Negro league players. They barely had any real roots in black communities using the Negro leagues relationship. Once that extinguished, it was the same ol MLB, this time investing in cheaper labor in the caribbean.

White folks in most situations will always choose to try to underpay black talent.

Black men especially need to realize this and start to work together more.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
White folks in most situations will always choose to try to underpay black talent.

Black men especially need to realize this and start to work together more.
I got laid off from my job for dummies trying to push a product to show pay disparities in organizations and pitching it to DEI departments. My Black ass KNEW in 2022 this country has no impetus to find out if they underpaying niqqas and the shyt wouldn't sell. I should've left then....$10 million in the hole two years later and BOOM! "We are closing down the NY office!" :martin:

100% my fault being too comfortable and not going with my instincts on this country's anti-blackness.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
They played this on the local sports radio show this morning.

shyt had me mad, sad, angry and grateful all at the same time. It’s something that every American needs to hear especially white people.

I seen this on instagram also and it was so odd not seeing the usual what about this or that and “get over it” comments I usually see on those type of post.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They played this on the local sports radio show this morning.

shyt had me mad, sad, angry and grateful all at the same time. It’s something that every American needs to hear especially white people.

I seen this on instagram also and it was so odd not seeing the usual what about this or that and “get over it” post I usually see on those type of post.

thats why I laugh when I hear players compare today to the past. These dudes couldn't last back then, couldn't eat here couldn't sleep there, no ac, offseason job

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Meanwhile, these MAGA-c00ns say shyt like this.

Screen-Shot-2024-06-21-at-6-27-38-PM.png

:scust:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Exactly. I wonder if Big Papi sitting there felt a black kinship hearing that. :mjpls:
Watch his body language.. At one point he drops his hands like he was mystified....

He didn't pull any punches whatsoever :whew: They thought he was going to say some glowing sh*t about that era and just talk good things about the ballpark and whatnot. Nope!
A testament to good journalism and production, in that, they never stopped him. White guy picked up his mic and was about to say something and caught himself. Sometimes the best thing to do is shut the fukk up and let the person talk

And damn did he talk. I had to show my son that. Never fukking forget. That shyt wasn't 400 years ago. There's people walking around here TODAY that lived through the worst times. Can't even sleep somewhere, eat somewhere, drink water out of a clean fountain.. Blowing up children and churches... And they expect us to not only be quiet about it and pretend it didn't ever happen, but watched the history of it being erased from text. While telling us they need to keep the names and statues up.

shyt getting me heated for real