Reggie Jackson talks about Jim Crow & returning to Rickwood Field

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Man that was powerful.

I also love how Reggie said he was ready to die for this shyt and he was a fighter but was held back by his teammates, coaches.

it’s wild this thread is not doing numbers.

Cause being a black man with a backbone isn't "trendy"

if it was reggie jackson pawgning or some baby mama mess the usual sissies would've been galloped in here.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Glad he spoke up also because too many folks out here act as if Jim Crow was 200+ years ago, when the vast majority of us had parents or grandparents living through it
My wife’s mom literally ran up north after the Klan drowned two of her uncles.

Bruh....fukk these folks.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Man that was powerful.

I also love how Reggie said he was ready to die for this shyt and he was a fighter but was held back by his teammates, coaches.

it’s wild this thread is not doing numbers.
Because it’s too positive for some of these dullards up here. It doesn’t require looking up meaningless stats to NEVER prove who was better or to diminish a player.

Man I’m a proud :flabbynsick: who remembers begging my pops for the Reggie candy bar. I remember the homerun off Cleveland’s John Denny and fighting him right after that, only to be carried off the field by Oscar Gamble and Bobby Brown while clapping and laughing. I remember the stories my pops would tell me about his fav athletes: Mays, Aaron, Mantle, Bob Gibson, Earl the Pearl, Clyde, and especially Ali, Frazier and Jim Brown. He painted vivid pictures that would pique my interest even more. Listening to Reggie speak reminds me of my pops, he lived that shyt. The journey to understanding my Blackness began with pops stories about sports. This shyt is World History and I wish some of these younger cats would TRY to embrace it.

Last edited: